ms260 and strange walbro carb wte 450 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint666

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So im pulling apart my project ms260 cleaning out the crap that's around everything and i get to the carb , having dug it out i check the numbers on the side so i can orger up a rebuild kit for it , and the carb is stamped WTE 450 , having checked the parts book i cant find that carb listed on a 260 anywhere ,

Am i going mad or has somebody swapped it out prior to me digging into it ?

More importantly if i just rebuild it is there any reason the saw wont run fine with this carb on it ? I don't want to destroy the piston

Can anybody offer any advice or am i best trying to track down a good used replacment for it

cheers

So im pulling apart my project ms260 cleaning out the crap that's around everything and i get to the carb , having dug it out i check the numbers on the side so i can orger up a rebuild kit for it , and the carb is stamped WTE 450 , having checked the parts book i cant find that carb listed on a 260 anywhere ,

Am i going mad or has somebody swapped it out prior to me digging into it ?

More importantly if i just rebuild it is there any reason the saw wont run fine with this carb on it ? I don't want to destroy the piston

Can anybody offer any advice or am i best trying to track down a good used replacment for it

cheers
Get out your magnifying glasses. It is probably a WTE-1 through 6. The "450" is probably a date code.

The kit is likely a Walbro K10-WTE

Get out your magnifying glasses. It is probably a WTE-1 through 6. The "450" is probably a date code.

The kit is likely a Walbro K10-WTE
that makes more scene now there is a 5 stamped about a 5mm below the wte bit so i would guess its a wte 5 , really appreciate your help with this now i can start looking for a kit and get it rebuilt ( and yes i totally misread your earlier post sorry)

Attachments

• PXL_20230205_172446606.jpg
    PXL_20230205_172446606.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
that makes more scene now there is a 5 stamped about a 5mm below the wte bit so i would guess its a wte 5 , really appreciate your help with this now i can start looking for a kit and get it rebuilt ( and yes i totally misread your earlier post sorry)
Jackpot! Also check the white fuel inlet barb. They are known to crack and suck air. It should not rotate.

Latest posts

Back