MS261 and MS462.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pisses me off. Around here we’re having barn fires, like three or four weekend. People need to go back to work and quit taking advantage of the people that do work. Good luck getting them back and in the same condition that they left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a sad time we live in. What happened to respect for a working man? People have lost their freaking minds these days. I recently had a run in with a dude trying to pilfer my truck bed saws at a gas station. Needless to say it didn't go well for him ( hot coffee in his face and then stomped his a@!). Sorry to hear the bad news and I hope they find their way back to you in decent shape.

Glad you got those back, and hope the other 2 are found.
I presume that the pawnshop where you found them, will take the loss? Do you just walk in there with local P.D. and proof of ownership, and just take them?

@Wills
Not sure how the recovery happened since the thief took them across state lines. I had serial numbers of my saws and identifying marks on them as well. From what I have read pawnshops have to report anything with serial numbers on them to the police. Not sure how the the pawnshop recovers losses in this situation. RECORD your serial numbers if you haven't already.

From what I have read pawnshops have to report anything with serial numbers on them to the police. Not sure how the the pawnshop recovers losses in this situation.
The pawn shop probably wasn't hurting from this transaction, it's all part of the cost of being in that business. For them it's more of an inconvenience dealing with it all than the actual loss, but as I said, just another day for them.
Glad you got them back, hopefully the other are recovered soon.

The pawn shop probably wasn't hurting from this transaction, it's all part of the cost of being in that business. For them it's more of an inconvenience dealing with it all than the actual loss, but as I said, just another day for them.
Glad you got them back, hopefully the other are recovered soon.
Hope they had a video of this guy that they can give to law enforcement. (I'm sure he'll claim that he got them from someone else.)

Both saws taken today,9/21/21.
261 serial # 520927282.
462 serial # 185458212.
This happened in South Central Pa.
Saws also have unique hidden markings that only I would know.
Thanks for keeping your eyes open.
EDIT . Also a 026 and 036 with duel dawgs
I had a Stihl KM-131R Kombi System with a few attachments (trimmer blade & pole saw with extension) stolen just a few months after I had originally bought them & went back to the same dealer for the replacements. The owner of the place told me to get a cheap soldering iron to write "Stolen From ..." a couple of times on each plastic piece, especially on or near the logo & model number. That way if someone is taking their score to a pawn shop, they will not buy it due to the fact it has "Stolen From ..." permanently scribed into the equipment. I haven't had anything robbed from me since.

Latest posts

Back