Ms310 running issues. Totally confused!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... I understand the saw leaked tested fine... that's good it weeds out a lot of stuff. I'd check the fuel filter and line to start with. Next I'd check the needle valve setup (height) and verify the diaphram are all in correctly, then pressure test the carb. If it has a compression release valve you might just plug it or replaced it but if it had a problem the leak test should have verified a problem but sometimes they can be funky. Pressure testing to 8psi and it holds same with the vacuum the problem is outside the motor of the saw. Fuel line, filter, impulse (understand it replaced), needle seat, diaphram, carb to cylinder boot, or carb circuits.
Its running he put a new OEM carb on it now.

The only reason I don't try a new carb on the XL I'm working on is the new carb costs about twice as much as the saw would be worth..
Some saws arrive at the P.O.S. cliff sooner than others. You get what you pay for, out the back door. How long it takes to toss a machine, these days. factors in the time spent in the scrap metal heap behind the barn.

I parted out my original 075AV. The end result after listing, shipping, fees on eBay, was double the price of a jug. Therefore, it was taken out of service.

Back