ms400 throttle trigger lockout issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsayen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all

haven’t even fired up the saw for the first time yet and it feels like there’s an intermittent issue with the throttle trigger lockout blocking the trigger from depressing, when the lockout is in the depressed position. I can’t tell if something is bent or needs adjustment or even a full replacement of the mechanism. Dealer service guy is off for a couple weeks so I figured I would check here first to see if anyone has any tips or has heard of this before?

thank you

Hi all

haven’t even fired up the saw for the first time yet and it feels like there’s an intermittent issue with the throttle trigger lockout blocking the trigger from depressing, when the lockout is in the depressed position. I can’t tell if something is bent or needs adjustment or even a full replacement of the mechanism. Dealer service guy is off for a couple weeks so I figured I would check here first to see if anyone has any tips or has heard of this before?

thank you
Looks like this might be a quite rare problem. I’ll be sure to update once the dealer returns and I get it straightened out

About all you can do besides bringing it back to the dealer is take the top cover off and have a look around the linkage as you try to pull the trigger. Might try moving the linkage manually around the carb. If you can't get it to move then wait for the service guy to return and let them have a go of it.

I think I may have been over-reacting, the lockout issue / behavior only happens when you depress the lockout farther than it is when you hold it in a typical running stance. For example if you use one finger and press the lockout as far as it will go, the trigger hardens up which doesn’t happen with any other saw (251, 261, 500i) that I’ve run.

Back