Ms400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you planning to stiffen up the AV or you like it the way it is?
I'm always liking stiffer AV climbing. Not sure a 500 west coast kit is enough so stiffening the existing AV will be on my dance card.
Liking the feel of an 026/260 but definitely not a 261. Another batch of early 034 series Stihl jugs comeback today of the forty six and eight flavor. These ones will be there with the newer forty seven jugs in power or close. I never liked a 361 or 2 climbing based on the AV like a newer saw. The last one here for a climber going out has a solid AV mount bushing now under the bar to keep it tight.

You need a pic?

I'm always liking stiffer AV climbing. Not sure a 500 west coast kit is enough so stiffening the existing AV will be on my dance card.
Liking the feel of an 026/260 but definitely not a 261. Another batch of early 034 series Stihl jugs comeback today of the forty six and eight flavor. These ones will be there with the newer forty seven jugs in power or close. I never liked a 361 or 2 climbing based on the AV like a newer saw. The last one here for a climber going out has a solid AV mount bushing now under the bar to keep it tight.

You need a pic?
Pic would be great.
I feel like the weak part in the av on the 361/2 and 400 is the little foam star shaped thing on the underside of the saw. I think we might be talking about the same piece. I was thinking of making a replacement out of a piece of heavier rubber or even a piece of rubber vibram sole from an old pair of boots.

I’m sure that part has a name I just don’t know it.

Pic would be great.
I feel like the weak part in the av on the 361/2 and 400 is the little foam star shaped thing on the underside of the saw. I think we might be talking about the same piece. I was thinking of making a replacement out of a piece of heavier rubber or even a piece of rubber vibram sole from an old pair of boots.

I’m sure that part has a name I just don’t know it.
No pics. Have to get one.
It's not just that mount. Those are easily replaced with a few upgrades if needed. Personally I don't use that mount in ground saws.

Back