MS461 unlimited coil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Im told the 461 non-m has a limited coil, i have one with a bad coil, is there an unlimited option that retains the timing advance system?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Im told the 461 non-m has a limited coil, i have one with a bad coil, is there an unlimited option that retains the timing advance system?

No 461’s we’re “m”. And it’s not really an advance feature. It’s more of a timing retard below idle speed of for easier starting. The universal coil from 026-066 fits, but no retard feature. There is a 1309 coil from an 046 that has the retard feature, but difficult to find

No 461’s we’re “m”. And it’s not really an advance feature. It’s more of a timing retard below idle speed of for easier starting. The universal coil from 026-066 fits, but no retard feature. There is a 1309 coil from an 046 that has the retard feature, but difficult to find
Id never seen one but the local dealer asked if it was M-Tronic, i figured it was an optional sub model

I think I have 3 or 4 of the 1309 coils in my shop but am currently traveling for work and won't be home until Oct 4 or 5.

If you don't find one before then, let me know and I can send one your way for the cost of shipping.

I threw one on my two 461s and starting is easy with the retard feature as Kevin states above and tuning is easier for me without the standard limited coil.

How funny I was literally looking into this. I did some digging earlier.
82668DD5-D438-4F97-8815-AAC380297525.jpeg

I recall that the 3rd post on the magneto acts as the timing advance and limiting device. On good coils can be cut back to deactivate the limiting function, but it also affects the timing advance. Though not a bad thing from what people have been saying..

Back