MS462 now has updated case cylinder and piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatherwheels

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just read on another site that the MS462 has been heavily redesigned,
the case piston and cylinder all have been modified, the new piston will
not fit the older case, and am sure the cylinder differences wont help
with cross compatibility between the old and new either.

Don't think I can post a link, but search for this,

MS462 Design Changes​

Just read on another site that the MS462 has been heavily redesigned,
the case piston and cylinder all have been modified, the new piston will
not fit the older case, and am sure the cylinder differences wont help
with cross compatibility between the old and new either.

Don't think I can post a link, but search for this,

MS462 Design Changes​

Any idea of the serial number sequences of the saws with the redesign?

Any idea of the serial number sequences of the saws with the redesign?
No, but am sure it will be on the Stihl system soon, they can't very well sell saws
without updating the system in order to provide parts and service.
There are a few good images up on the other site, the differences are clear,
only outside difference seems to be a silver sticker.

No, but am sure it will be on the Stihl system soon, they can't very well sell saws
without updating the system in order to provide parts and service.
There are a few good images up on the other site, the differences are clear,
only outside difference seems to be a silver sticker.

If you pull the muffler cover you can see this on the new version. The older version is just blank there.

20210823_115224.jpg

i dont go there for anything since randy went full stupid on me. i have a few profiles for there but those are reserved for causing headaches, not looking up stuff

How very mature of you. LOL

It isn't my fault that you feel as though the rules every other member of the forum has to follow don't apply to you.

It isn't my fault that you feel as though the rules every other member of the forum has to follow don't apply to you.
i didnt violate any rules unlike yourself...telling me to "I have a potty mouth" and blabbing about your 2 mentors passing from covid....i didnt mention a word about my cousin biting the big one from it until you brought it up

hate to tell ya but stating my store policy on masks is not political speech....it is simply stating my store policy. I thought i was doing everyone a favor by telling them we didnt require masks....I mean you wouldnt want to walk into an establishment where the people werent wearing them and possibly expose yourself to our dirty germs and all that would ya? lol

and yes, i know its immature but it makes me smile to aggravate you....I'm smiling now just because you felt the need to reply to me. makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

i didnt violate any rules unlike yourself...telling me to "I have a potty mouth" and blabbing about your 2 mentors passing from covid....i didnt mention a word about my cousin biting the big one from it until you brought it up

hate to tell ya but stating my store policy on masks is not political speech....it is simply stating my store policy. I thought i was doing everyone a favor by telling them we didnt require masks....I mean you wouldnt want to walk into an establishment where the people werent wearing them and possibly expose yourself to our dirty germs and all that would ya? lol

and yes, i know its immature but it makes me smile to aggravate you....I'm smiling now just because you felt the need to reply to me. makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

I have no problem replying to you. Or talking with you in person. Hell, I'd have no problem breaking bread with you either. What I have to do as an administrator of a online forum ain't really personal to me. Unless I'm dealing with a crook......that's personal, but you are an honest man that I have no problem with on a personal level.

You have a great day.

I have no problem replying to you. Or talking with you in person. Hell, I'd have no problem breaking bread with you either. What I have to do as an administrator of a online forum ain't really personal to me. Unless I'm dealing with a crook......that's personal, but you are an honest man that I have no problem with on a personal level.

You have a great day.
have a great day randy....things have been going pretty good lately so i havent needed any cheering up but next time I'm at the doctor and get bad news i will be over for a visit.....lol

Look up, Mastermind posted about the MS462, I hope I have not broke any rules,
its a good read, and am sure as time passes we will find out how the differences
in the updated version pan out in the real world, for better I hope.
@fordf150 and @Mastermind Worksaws , good to see you talking.

That's rich, Randy...seems you are very slective at enforcing. Give guys like JMS a pass for a long time, but ban others because someone's feelers got hurt.

That's rich, Randy...seems you are very slective at enforcing. Give guys like JMS a pass for a long time, but ban others because someone's feelers got hurt.

Now that's rich.

Have you made yourself another profile on the forum so you can refer to other members as idiots and morons yet?

Cause that's what got you banned. Twice now.

Now that's rich.

Have you made yourself another profile on the forum so you can refer to other members as idiots and morons yet?

Cause that's what got you banned. Twice now.
I have not. And if the label fits, it fits.
It's really a shame too. The "facts" passed of as gospel on your site are laughable and its only gotten worse.
And for the record, the second time you banned me was not for calling anyone an idiot and you know it.

Of ourselves you can have your customers being questioned. Bad for business.

I have not. And if the label fits, it fits.
It's really a shame too. The "facts" passed of as gospel on your site are laughable and its only gotten worse.
And for the record, the second time you banned me was not for calling anyone an idiot and you know it.

Of ourselves you can have your customers being questioned. Bad for business.
Actually it was. In a message to me. Should I send you a screenshot to help you remember?

Actually it was. In a message to me. Should I send you a screenshot to help you remember?

Better idea: lock this thread. Unhelpful to us, and nearly so for y’all quarreling folks, to watch this crap play out. Move on, go do something useful.

Back