MS462 now has updated case cylinder and piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A heavy redesign means there were issues with the first rendition.

What are the issues? Has Stihl admitted to any issues?
your hilarious...stihl will never admit to farkin up and neither will any of their fanboys. stihl is the best....now bow down and pay their prices and be happy with what you get

Well Ben, when you have a history of referring to your fellow forum members as idiots and morons, and display the same behavior yet again, it really doesn't matter where it occurred. Furthermore, you were already banned, and started another profile to circumvent the ban....which is against the rules. But myself and the other moderators overlooked that. Then bit by bit you began to become abusive again.

My apologies to the other members here. But if Ben insists on airing this out in public, I'd indulge him.
Cool. You two start your own thread and have at it.
Indulge him outside of this thread.
Being a mod means you have to be the grown up one. Thanks

^^^^^^^^

and i get banned for stating we dont wear masks and dont require masks of our customers......yep thats on me...i am jsut blaiming others and not taking responsibility for my actions.

its your site Randy....you can do what you want. you can ban me for simply stating my store policy...and yep i sure did get testy when told i couldnt state it so i stated it again in capital letters. IT IS NOT POLITICAL! it was our store policy, thats it... i can also do what i want and having fun with you is what i want. your getting pissed off and cussing us....I am smiling and laughing at you. i look childish but you my friend, look like a douche in this just like you did in the thread about my building burning that YOU deleted because you were the one telling me to G F Y and going off on political rants about how terrible covid is. amazingly even some of your fanboys over there even called you out on your actions that you banned other people for much lesser offenses. that made me smile too. i believe i have screenshots of that as well if you would like me to post them
:heart:

There is a lot of information on the design change and looking at the damage to the old style piston it should have been done a long time ago.

Cool. You two start your own thread and have at it.
Indulge him outside of this thread.
Being a mod means you have to be the grown up one. Thanks

Not that I am wanting to dive into this particular cesspool, but you may be getting confused with just who might be a moderator where.
To the best of my knowledge, no Arboristsite moderators have been involved in this slanging match- it is a couple of keyboard warriors and a moderator from another somewhat similar forum that are mainly involved.

Not that I am wanting to dive into this particular cesspool, but you may be getting confused with just who might be a moderator where.
To the best of my knowledge, no Arboristsite moderators have been involved in this slanging match- it is a couple of keyboard warriors and a moderator from another somewhat similar forum that are mainly involved.
I'm not confused about two, supposedly grown men, screwing up a thread with bs.

I don't give two craps about who is or is not a mod.

If you pull the muffler cover you can see this on the new version. The older version is just blank there.

View attachment 925667
My 462 is blank there but has the silver made in Germany decal. Build date 8/22.
I called my dealer and he confirmed that my saw IS the updated version. Ughhhhh. Why does Stihl make this so difficult for us? I could not find a single thing online from Stihl to distinguish between the two versions.

Did you ever get a hold of any official documentation from Stihl so we can 1 million % identify what version of the saw we have aside from cracking it open?

It's always possible the dealers are given wrong information which is not hard to believe after reading some of the stories about how ignorant some of Stihl's official representatives are about technical info.

My 462 is blank there but has the silver made in Germany decal. Build date 8/22.
I called my dealer and he confirmed that my saw IS the updated version. Ughhhhh. Why does Stihl make this so difficult for us? I could not find a single thing online from Stihl to distinguish between the two versions.

Did you ever get a hold of any official documentation from Stihl so we can 1 million % identify what version of the saw we have aside from cracking it open?

It's always possible the dealers are given wrong information which is not hard to believe after reading some of the stories about how ignorant some of Stihl's official representatives are about technical info.
Why would Stihl do that? So they can have guys refusing to buy anything but the latest version?
Companies almost never admit they hit a foul on the initial design, but if there is a running change it's for good reason.

Why would Stihl do that? So they can have guys refusing to buy anything but the latest version?
Companies almost never admit they hit a foul on the initial design, but if there is a running change it's for good reason.
Totally makes sense. I want to know that I know that I know which version of the saw I have. I perseverate on things until I know it's fact without question. It's like a type of torment.

Back