MS500i Detailed Photos Request

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl99

Stihl and AR15 Junkie
Reaction score
Folks
I have the 500i on order, but my dealer is told they are back-ordered, so I am requesting some photographic information from actual 500i owners.
These photos will determine if I still purchase the 500i or I drop the 500i and just purchase the 661 they have now. I would like to see detailed pics to see if what I want to put on the saw will work or did Stihl screwed up and change just a few things so what I want to add will work or not.
If anyone has these photos I would appreciate detailed pics of the following.
Muffler: front and right side / discharge side, looking for the discharge chute elevation to the saw chassis.
Clutch side: behind the clutch cover where the bumper spike attaches, chain catch area, and black molding for the chain brake mechanism cover.

I am going to purchase one saw what I consider a big saw for myself and the 500i is #1 on the list because it is new, unique, fuel infected and will pull a 32" bar no problem. The 661 also is on the list for me because of this site, it's dependability, and will pull a 36" bar or longer with no issues.

Back