MS660 Flip Cap Conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_stigs_bored_cousin

Over-serious Hobbyist
Reaction score
I've seen threads about converting flip caps to standard screw caps, but can't find anything going the other direction. I might get some flak for this, but I personally prefer the flip caps. Does anyone know if it's POSSIBLE to convert a 660 to flip caps? Maybe by using the fuel and oil tanks off of a 661? I acknowledge that it may be a lot of work, and it may be expensive, but if it's feasible, I can do the leg work to track down and price out parts.

I might get some flak for this, but I personally prefer the flip caps. Does anyone know if it's POSSIBLE to convert a 660 to flip caps?
FLAK! FLAK! FLAK! FLAK! . . .

You could replace the fuel tank to get a flippy cap on the back. Or find someone with a 661 that has similar mileage, but likes the old school caps, to trade.

Philbert

You could replace the fuel tank to get a flippy cap on the back.

Thanks for entertaining what is admittedly a stupid question. I just now realized (since I didn't have the saw in front of me) why I can't replace the oil tank.... Having one of each wouldn't really accomplish much, so I'll leave it as is.

I like the flippy caps to be honest, never had a single problem with them.
I also like the old screw caps, with one condition. Finger tightening them is enough to keep them from leaking and allows a tool free refill...unless they have been overtightened by a ham fisted goon using a scrench etc. Once they’ve been over tightened, to stop them leaking you often have to keep doing them up more than finger tight, which means you need to use a tool on every refill. It might not be much of a problem, still annoys the hell out of me :crazy2:
You can always buy new screw caps if you have this problem

Latest posts

Back