• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS660 Pro Ported aftermarket stihl.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bdlt78

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ported ms660 professionally built entirely from new aftermarket and new OEM parts. Full ported cylinders and pistons. Makes for a really fast revving 660 that keeps its torque. Will easily outperform an OEM stock saw. Test ran and tachometer tuned a little rich at 14,000 rpm. I have several professionals running these with great feedback from them. I also build 440’s, 460’s and a neat big bore 361. Features are listed below:
- Fully ported cylinder and piston
- Muffler gasket matched and ported
- Lightweight tapered piston wrist pins
- NGK spark plug
- Piston ridges removed and lightened
- Cylinder base planed
- Squish set between .021”-.022”
- Increased compression
Here is what a professional who recently purchased a ported ms660 had to say:
Ran the saw at work today and I'm very impressed with it! Put on a 36 inch bar and full skip chain and It fits the power perfectly. Very fast trigger response and great low end power. I made a couple cuts on a large spruce trunk and then let it idle to give it a nice heat soak then let it cool and finished the rest of the bucking. Fires on the first pull and revs high! I adjusted the idle up just a bit and it hums. I have 7 spruce trees to do tomorrow and cant wait to use the saw some more. Great job Sir! He later messaged me that the saw really came alive in the middle of a cut and must have needed a couple tanks to break in and it was super impressive.
$900 plus shipping

Attachments

• 3AC55D81-C9AB-4B6F-9F2B-F9EA235567C6.jpeg
    3AC55D81-C9AB-4B6F-9F2B-F9EA235567C6.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 154
  • 28C761FF-3B64-4D99-95D5-CB3FF05E125E.jpeg
    28C761FF-3B64-4D99-95D5-CB3FF05E125E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 153
  • 0D9112A7-0E13-432C-9C94-7D74567A65AC.jpeg
    0D9112A7-0E13-432C-9C94-7D74567A65AC.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 128
  • A86503A7-4A22-4980-B8F3-A5D693F0B0D1.jpeg
    A86503A7-4A22-4980-B8F3-A5D693F0B0D1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
  • 9BA560F7-4767-415A-8999-1068C2190619.jpeg
    9BA560F7-4767-415A-8999-1068C2190619.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 159
Smells a bit more than fishy!
If anyone has the guts make sure you have insurance on your transaction.... I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole!
You would be missing out on a great transaction and a great warranty. It’s simple treat people how you want to be treated.

Are the pro ported and ms stickers stock or straight from China? Welcome to AS. What numbers are you porting them to?
The ms on the model plate is not a sticker and the pro ported decals are permanent vinyl. They are made in Kentucky. Not sure where the vinyl is from. Timing is ext. 97/transfers 124/ intake 83.

Welcome to AS. I think you will have a hard time selling that saw on here. Looks like a very nice build but I feel it's misleading to call it a MS 660. If it was a G660 that was upgraded with Stihl parts then call it that.
GLWS
Thank you! Yeah the guy who wrote me back and still does, his first question was wait a minute is that actually a Stihl or some Chinese knock off. I explained it to him and I’ll be dang if he didn’t buy it. It’s his words I used as a review. I’ve had a bunch of very positive reviews from people. I totally understand what you are saying and some aftermarket parts have had there downs. I’ll share my light on those as sometimes changes are made and never get exposed due to lingering bad experiences. Basically if you have a part that is less expensive and one fails then it’s going to make headlines. Then some are just plain junk. So I’ll share my experiences in threads on here. What works these days and what doesn’t. Thanks again.

You would be missing out on a great transaction and a great warranty.
Tell me how great the transaction and warranty would be?
How long have you been running and selling this inferior aftermarket junk?

It’s simple treat people how you want to be treated.
If that's the case I sure wouldn't be selling aftermarket Chinese junk!

Here is something that one needs to realize. First you are not me. Here is what I have to realize. I don’t control your thoughts or actions. You are entitled to your thoughts as much as they my hurt you. It’s not my place to correct you or prove you wrong. See the key to life and happiness is acceptance that the world around you is exactly as it should be at that time and place. When we start trying to play god all kinds of bad things happen. We are not gods. For me to argue a point with you would be trivial because you haven’t accepted that you are not the supreme being in the universe. Now what the heck does that have to do with the OEM stihl crank seal I just bought from my dealership for $20.03? Well I’m not sure I’ll use it. It is definitely not up to par with the NKS seals I’ve been using. I’m just out of them. I have some seals from farmertec that look comparable to the OEM stihl seal but I don’t really like either. See I wouldn’t be in this predicament if I hadn’t driven a seal a little to far in the bearing and had to take a good look if this seal might touch the bearing race. But I did look at that. And I’m not comfortable with it. See you don’t know any of this because you don’t build saws. Or you haven’t done as many or taken the care with them that I do. So do I have things to learn, Absolutely. I learned today don’t get in a hurry and mess up a seal. I also learned that I can’t count on OEM to be comparable in price or quality.

I build saws. One or two. You kinda remind me of another bag from KY that has been banned from the site twice now for ripping people off. The second time I warned a moderator and they still let it happen. I hope you are not that guy.Screenshot_20210601-185311_Chrome.jpg

Here is something that one needs to realize. First you are not me. Here is what I have to realize. I don’t control your thoughts or actions. You are entitled to your thoughts as much as they my hurt you. It’s not my place to correct you or prove you wrong. See the key to life and happiness is acceptance that the world around you is exactly as it should be at that time and place. When we start trying to play god all kinds of bad things happen. We are not gods. For me to argue a point with you would be trivial because you haven’t accepted that you are not the supreme being in the universe. Now what the heck does that have to do with the OEM stihl crank seal I just bought from my dealership for $20.03? Well I’m not sure I’ll use it. It is definitely not up to par with the NKS seals I’ve been using. I’m just out of them. I have some seals from farmertec that look comparable to the OEM stihl seal but I don’t really like either. See I wouldn’t be in this predicament if I hadn’t driven a seal a little to far in the bearing and had to take a good look if this seal might touch the bearing race. But I did look at that. And I’m not comfortable with it. See you don’t know any of this because you don’t build saws. Or you haven’t done as many or taken the care with them that I do. So do I have things to learn, Absolutely. I learned today don’t get in a hurry and mess up a seal. I also learned that I can’t count on OEM to be comparable in price or quality.
LOL says the newby with 5 posts...

Sorry I haven’t spent my life here and no I’m not that guy from Kentucky. Don’t live your entire lives in fear fellows. I don’t screw anyone over and I have some real experiences to share. If you don’t want to buy a saw with aftermarket parts then don’t. Don’t tell me or others that I won’t stand behind what I build or don’t know timing or whatever you want to say. Ask I’ll tell. But I do keep an open mind and I’m not always right.

I build saws. One or two. You kinda remind me of another bag from KY that has been banned from the site twice now for ripping people off. The second time I warned a moderator and they still let it happen. I hope you are not that guy.View attachment 910202
I was thinking the same thing about the time you posted this.
POTENTIAL BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Lord now I’m some guy that’s ripped people off. Jesus. This beats anything I’ve ever experienced. It’s simple folks don’t buy it. I’ll post as I wish about what I wish. As you can do as well. I counted at 27 saw builds right now. 27 and some repeat customers. So really don’t buy it if you don’t want to. I only have two at the moment anyway and I’d rather just post about porting than mess with being accused of being some other guy by a few. This is absolutely ridiculous. Not wasting my time with this anymore peace!

Sorry I haven’t spent my life here and no I’m not that guy from Kentucky. Don’t live your entire lives in fear fellows. I don’t screw anyone over and I have some real experiences to share. If you don’t want to buy a saw with aftermarket parts then don’t. Don’t tell me or others that I won’t stand behind what I build or don’t know timing or whatever you want to say. Ask I’ll tell. But I do keep an open mind and I’m not always right.
It’s all good, this is just how forums work. Right now you’re like an eBay account with zero feedback. We all started here….I personally started here by selling a saw in my first post.

So is it a g660 kit that has been ported?
I missed your question with all the other crap that was flying. Most parts are from farmertec. I’ve been really happy with the majority of the parts. The cylinders I have to say are about 20% right now I won’t use. There is a piston that pops up I won’t use. Man the rest of the stuff has been really good. Plastic has some sharp edges. Some of the parts are actually better than OEM. You just have to be your own quality control on the cylinders in my opinion. Like some every once in a while aren’t even from the same mold. I haven’t used them. The port timing to work with creates a real runner on the ones I have used. Pretty impressive really!

Back