• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS660 Pro Ported aftermarket stihl.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know our way around chainsaws, most of us have been burning 2 stroke in small motors our entire lives. And I’m not jumping on any band wagons or fueling any lynch mobs by any means. But I do have to say I make a living off chainsaws...as do many other members And Chinese saws and major integral parts of the saw Coming from China just aren’t up to par for many many users and they are entirely too much of a roll of the dice for people that depending on their saws to pay bills and provide for loved ones. Maybe some day they will be rock solid, with all moral and patriotic conflicts set aside. Further more I’d just like to ad, I’ve fully built, customized, worked over, sold and bought many saws, again like many other members. In my years of porting and fixing saws for clients, Never once have I ever advertised my saws as “pro” ported as a sales ploy... maybe that’s just me and trust me I understand that “to each their own” but still... and you better believe I stand by my products and am 1000% straight up with people and stand by my builds ported or not(everyone who knows me or has done business with me knows that).. but I still don’t ever dare call myself a professional porter or say a saw I ported and milled is done by a professional... maybe done by a professional arborist :);) just my two cents boyS and girls

We all know our way around chainsaws, most of us have been burning 2 stroke in small motors our entire lives. And I’m not jumping on any band wagons or fueling any lynch mobs by any means. But I do have to say I make a living off chainsaws...as do many other members And Chinese saws and major integral parts of the saw Coming from China just aren’t up to par for many many users and they are entirely too much of a roll of the dice for people that depending on their saws to pay bills and provide for loved ones. Maybe some day they will be rock solid, with all moral and patriotic conflicts set aside. Further more I’d just like to ad, I’ve fully built, customized, worked over, sold and bought many saws, again like many other members. In my years of porting and fixing saws for clients, Never once have I ever advertised my saws as “pro” ported as a sales ploy... maybe that’s just me and trust me I understand that “to each their own” but still... and you better believe I stand by my products and am 1000% straight up with people and stand by my builds ported or not(everyone who knows me or has done business with me knows that).. but I still don’t ever dare call myself a professional porter or say a saw I ported and milled is don’t by a professional... maybe done by a professional arborist :);) just my two cents boyS and girls
Exceptionally well said!

I will tend to agree with most of the folks here. If it pays my bills, I tend to spend the money on the best tools available. Having said that, so many manufacturers get the majority of their parts from China these days that there's just not much difference between Chinese products and American products any more. Case in point, the Preditor engine on my tiller is FAR better than anything Briggs has made in the past 30 years. Saying that Chinese parts are inferior crap is not only arrogant, its flat out wrong. SOME Chinese parts are inferior crap, but a lot of American parts are inferior crap these days also. It largely depends on the person/company that's producing the product. I will give the Asian markets credit though. Generally speaking, the quality of their products improves over time. It's rare that someone can truthfully make that statement about an American company. In the US, we only care about getting more for less, and there are VERY few people around anymore who can actually FIX something when it breaks, let alone figure out how to build something that will stand the test of time. Good luck finding a machine shop where the overwhelming majority of the employees don't have white hair.

As for chainsaws, I heat the house with them so I want them to be relatively dependable, but I don't use them every day. So I buy older pro models at a good price, fix them if I need to, and wring the rest of the life out of them :) I'd be willing to purchase a Chinese saw for a back up, or for something that I needed, but rarely expect to use. I'm thinking their top handle clones would be a good choice and possibly their big saws (G660, G888) as well. Its rare that I need a bar longer than 24", but when I do, I REALLY need it. If I could find a used Stihl for less, I would go that route, but good luck finding a used MS660 power head in running condition for under $400. One thing I HAVE learned is that I NEVER EVER take my saws to a Stihl dealer to have them worked on. I'm sure there are some exceptions out there, but ALL the ones that I've taken a saw to have told me that my saw is trashed, and that it will be cheaper to buy a new one. The last one just needed a new spark plug. Because of that, I would MUCH rather buy something from a custom builder, even if it has aftermarket parts, than something from a dealership where I'm just another wallet they are trying to rob. Yeah, it might need a major repair sooner, but at least I'll know where I can take it to have the work done.

She said she was going to cum. So I opened that port up a little after. I said I want it to be quicker. Well I put it in another that time like that. **** off. I’ll make it do what I want.

Back