MS660 Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K4Ag

Reaction score
I bought a MS660 off ebay as a kit with a 36" bar to do some milling. When it arrived it looks exactly like a Stihl. It came with a Stihl bar as well. But I think the bar is not meant for the 660 as there is lot play in the bar slot as well it's leaking oil like the bar oil hole isn't lined up with powerhead oil hole. The saw has 404 gear and the part number on the bar is 3003 002 3628. Am I missing something or do I have the wrong bar? I could buy adapter plates or bushings but the oil holes not lining up is more a problem. Anyone else have the ebay version MS660 with this issue?

I bought a MS660 off ebay as a kit with a 36" bar to do some milling. When it arrived it looks exactly like a Stihl. It came with a Stihl bar as well. But I think the bar is not meant for the 660 as there is lot play in the bar slot as well it's leaking oil like the bar oil hole isn't lined up with powerhead oil hole. The saw has 404 gear and the part number on the bar is 3003 002 3628. Am I missing something or do I have the wrong bar? I could buy adapter plates or bushings but the oil holes not lining up is more a problem. Anyone else have the ebay version MS660 with this issue?
3003 is correct for that saw
im guessing this is a clone saw kit. It is possible they installed the wrong studs, ie, for a 880, large mount, saw which would explain the fit issue.
any pics?

Older catalog, 2018, but that part number is not there. Is it genuine or do they have knock offs of those too?

1 066 bars.png

3003 is correct mount, for a Stihl 066/660. Chi-Com who knows what fits?

Back