Ms880 -- How bad is the availability?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 880 was never a real good saw stock, I figure that's why there is not much interest in them. But I nice 088 or especially a clean 084 will be snapped up in a jiffy, in Australia anyway.
I reckon the 084 was peak Stihl big saw tech, then the greenie morons came to power

The 880 was never a real good saw stock, I figure that's why there is not much interest in them. But I nice 088 or especially a clean 084 will be snapped up in a jiffy, in Australia anyway.
I reckon the 084 was peak Stihl big saw tech, then the greenie morons came to power
You know I was wondering how the 084 compared to the 088. I've never ran a 084 but there is one forsale local to me.

About 4 years ago I paid 1000.00 for my 088. It had a chipped clutch cover and hadn't been run in a while.
Ive run a MS880 and the 088 is definitely stronger.
I've had both the 088 and 880 and agree, the 088 is stronger, however I feel they both needed porting to develop the low end torque that a saw of those sizes is expected to have.

Latest posts

Back