Ms880 mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scheffa

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Gday all, got myself a ms880 that I’m ready to get pulling a bit stronger.
It’s the newer model with the pressed muffler and they don’t run as good as the older versions.
Had the saw since new and probably put 60odd litres of fuel through it so it’s well run in.

not many chainsaw porters over here in aus and getting stuff done with the COVID thing is impossible.

what are people doing to the 880’s to gain a bit more from them??

saw gets used for milling aswell and as firewood duties, running anything up to 84” inch bar.

Gday all, got myself a ms880 that I’m ready to get pulling a bit stronger.
It’s the newer model with the pressed muffler and they don’t run as good as the older versions.
Had the saw since new and probably put 60odd litres of fuel through it so it’s well run in.

not many chainsaw porters over here in aus and getting stuff done with the COVID thing is impossible.

what are people doing to the 880’s to gain a bit more from them??

saw gets used for milling aswell and as firewood duties, running anything up to 84” inch bar.
I heard tony is back with porting and sean griggs is the guy to look for porting down there

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

Is the saw bog stock at the moment?... Limiter caps, muffler spark screen in place?
Are you retuning when changing form say a 32" bar to the 84" bar?
Im working on a ms880 myself, looks like they're a pig compared to the earlier 1124 series. Choked up muffler, limited carb and caps on some models

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

Back