MultiCut anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one?
Wouldn't be an Almachtum would it?

If so he's likely to have a saw or 500 handy.
Them boys are Saudi Rednecks.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Not one of the bro's or direct family, he's a cous, so not an HRH but His Excellency.

Never met any of them, but yeah, the stories smack of Rednecks the way they handle bang sticks :D

Not one of the bro's or direct family, he's a cous, so not an HRH but His Excellency.

Never met any of them, but yeah, the stories smack of Rednecks the way they handle bang sticks :D

I have Rock spiders in the family and a cousin does the PH thing.:D
I have met the looniest son and still yak with him now and then.
Good people. Crazy as a June bug, but darn good folks.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Here in OZ I cut 99% fallen dead Iron Bark, some that has a bit of fire burn on them. All for firewood, I cut upto 160 tonne a winter as I supply to the major cities who don't have access to firewood.
A loop of 3/8 .058 72 drive links (24 inch bar) retails for around $120 a loop at my local Husky dealer where I buy my saws and get my maintenance done at. I have a pretty good relationship with them and I pay a little over $80 a loop.
Multi cut is my preference over Oregon Semi Chisel or Chisel.
My local Stihl shop mostly sells Oregon chain, they don't have any reels of Stihl chain, only the pre made stuff in boxes.
In my circumstances and conditions that I cut in, multi cut out performs anything else I've tried, 2 tanks of fuel b4 I run a file over my cutters compared to other stuff barely lasting a tank. Where time is money to me, The extra multi cut costs saves in sharpening time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, this is the stuff I need, everything I cut around here is dirty and my chains go dull fast. full chisel, forget it, got 1.5 cuts today on a brand new loops to throwing sawdust and no chips. Semi chisel does better, but..if this still exists I am going to get some.

No luck so far in 63 gauge....apparently they still make it but most of the google hits show overseas and foreign places. Baileys doesn't carry it any more. Maybe if there was enough pre order interest, one of the sponsors here would get a roll or two and make up some loops. I'd be in for some 50 gauge and a couple 63 gauge.

Oh well, back to swinging the 8 lb fiskars isocore...at least I know that works!

Thanks for the thread bump!

Is the MultiCut chain any harder to file than conventional chain of the same type?

Philbert

I bought a 73MLPX few years ago,to try.
I think not harder to file.
The chain is performed good, but unfortunately in my country the price is almost 3 times more expensive than
the regular LPX,LGX.
But 1 piece of MLPX chain doesn't beat 2 LPX,LGX.
Therefore,I never buy again.....

Your welcome for the thread bump.
I don't find it any harder to file, it is readily available here in OZ, most Husky dealers should stock it since Oregon and Husky are in bed together.
I run mine on my 395xp, it cuts quick and gives a good workout, on all 3, saw, chain and myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a 73MLPX few years ago,to try.
I think not harder to file.
The chain is performed good, but unfortunately in my country the price is almost 3 times more expensive than
the regular LPX,LGX.
But 1 piece of MLPX chain doesn't beat 2 LPX,LGX.
Therefore,I never buy again.....
At 3 times the price of a regular chisel Oregon chain I'd rather give a tungsten-carbide tipped chain a try... , hmm ... ... damn now I crave for one of those...

I like it, my understanding customers like it. I don't recommend it to anybody that hand files. I'll grind it, if you have a grinder you grind it, it's rough on files. It's a nice option for people that do not have the knack to file their own chains and they have them shop sharpened. Keeps them going. Try it where you would use a normal chain, don't use it to dig a trench for a phone line across a concrete slab.

Latest posts

Back