multiple half size stickers for stacking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobE

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
after my successful milling adventures this weekend now i have to cut 75+ stickers to stack everything. I have some larger scrap 2x4s i can use but also a ton of short (~12") cutoffs from framing a shed. any reason not to use these as well? Id have to lay a pair of short stickers across the log at each interval instead of one long one... seems like it would be ok but y'all are much more experienced than I :)

If I understand you correctly, you have some long and short stickers available to you. We used various lenghts of stickers at the mill, but I don't remember anything as short as 12". They cna be used just make sure you have a longer sticker above and below it. Also alternate sides of your stack with the shorts.

You are using stickers 1.5" thick? Somewhere I thought I read something about too much air flow. Could be faulty memory, though.

Sorry a picture would have likely been helpful here. So some full width stickers and some stumpy ones. Or maybe lots of stumpy ones.

1AC809B9-0820-4A91-8E8D-235FFDBCB956.jpeg

I’m doing 3/4” thick stickers. Ripping 3/4” thick slices off of 2-by material

Sorry a picture would have likely been helpful here. So some full width stickers and some stumpy ones. Or maybe lots of stumpy ones.

View attachment 990785

I’m doing 3/4” thick stickers. Ripping 3/4” thick slices off of 2-by material
Yes, just make sure you have a full length sticker on the row above it and below it.

Back