my beast of a splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Going to change things this year. It worked ok last year. This year I was noticing a bit more "whine" coming from the machine than normal.
The only thing that made any sense was the pump is having issues.

The supply from the tank used to do a 6 foot loop around the machine to get to the tank. Things like that can't be good. It worked with the diesel running slower. I had changed the engine a year ago to this 2 cylinder monster. That sped things up a bunch! however... probably wrecked the pump in the process.

So... the tank was small, get a NEW one. Made plans to run the supply UNDER the beam to get to the pump. THat makes a nice shorter run.
Pump was probably wrecked, ordered the NEW one, this time with a larger intake fitting. It's only money it grows on trees...

As predicted, when I drained it, I poured the old oil into the oil barrel and noticed shiny stuff. Metal particles!!! :(

Pluggers build their own pump mounts... it really isn't that hard to do

The briggs runs nice, but has a appetite for fuel.IMG_0349.jpgIMG_0350.jpgIMG_0351.jpg

All is well, that ends well.
I got it all back together this afternoon.
All totaled... I think I spent about 900 clams (money grows on trees?)

IT runs, nice and quietly now. That old pump must have been dying for awhile. It runs faster and smoother.
I knew something was different... engine idling, and I am driving it to the pile of blocks, and we are moving faster!!

Now, to get back to work...!

Latest posts

Back