My Belgian weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am searching for the bigger spark plugs used on the older Stihl two man saws. These are Bosch M145T1, with M18 x 1,5 thread. Do you know if they still can be had ? I know other collectors looking for those.

Roland, here is the deal: the original plug under the number M145T1 is not available. It is directly replaced by the Bosch M 8 AC spark plug. No modifications or adapters required. Here is the text of the Email I received from a colleague in Karlsruhe:

M 145 T 1 kann ohne weitere Überarbeitung durch die M 8 AC ersetzt werden.
Die Typformel wurde einmal 1961 (M 8 A) und 1986 noch einmal (M 8 AC) geändert.

I also attached a document I found that cross-references old vs new Bosch plug numbers. Everyone should run Bosch spark plugs!

I hope you can find some M 8 AC's locally. Take care.

Roland, here is the deal: the original plug under the number M145T1 is not available. It is directly replaced by the Bosch M 8 AC spark plug. No modifications or adapters required. Here is the text of the Email I received from a colleague in Karlsruhe:

M 145 T 1 kann ohne weitere Überarbeitung durch die M 8 AC ersetzt werden.
Die Typformel wurde einmal 1961 (M 8 A) und 1986 noch einmal (M 8 AC) geändert.

I also attached a document I found that cross-references old vs new Bosch plug numbers. Everyone should run Bosch spark plugs!

I hope you can find some M 8 AC's locally. Take care.

Vielen Dank für die Info, Herr Koga !
Und schöne Grüsse nach Karlsruhe !

I'll try to find someone locally who carries those. I bet they will cost an arm and a leg though.

That wire extension came standard with the tach, and I have never removed it. The tach works flawlessly, only needs a few seconds or so to pick up the signal.

It appears that the wire is inserted with the insulation still on it.

OK. I have the same one and have never done anything with the wire or alligator clip. May try it this weekend.

Sweet collection, looks like you care for them well. I like how you have bars on all of them so they're ready to run at any time.

That wire extension came standard with the tach, and I have never removed it. The tach works flawlessly, only needs a few seconds or so to pick up the signal.

It appears that the wire is inserted with the insulation still on it.

Wires came with mine as well, but there is no evidence they are needed! :)

I just arrived home, good trip to Europe but I was without Internet for several days so I will be swamped at work trying to get all the e-mails caught up next week.

Here are a few more photo's from Belgium, starting with some of Francis' "outside" saws.

The ones he actually uses in managing the forest
attachment.php

The Danarm Roland would like to get
attachment.php

Some of the usual suspects
attachment.php

Francis showing Roland where the noise comes out
attachment.php

The non-use Stihl saws
attachment.php

Mark

Last set from Francis' place

I don't remember if I posted this one already
attachment.php

That Stihl is original paint, sort of Army drab
attachment.php

Now there's something you don't see everyday
attachment.php

In his job as a ranger, Francis needs reliable transportation in the woods, and the Unimog just fills the bill. This represents one of Francis' latest pursuits and interests.
attachment.php

And just to prove I was there too!
attachment.php

Mark

Actually I have more photo's of Roland's collection, but since he is a modest guy I won't embarrass him by posting any more.

I must say that there were a lot of saw manufacturers in Europe, and Roland has some nice examples of quite a few different models we will never see on this side of the Atlantic.

That's all for now.

Mark

I'm glad you did, I enjoyed reading it and thanks Mark and Roland for the tour.

By the way Roland. Did you ever get your Stihl book.

Great thread guys. Thanks to Mark and Roland.
Always good to see pictures like this from the other side of the world.
Very nice saw collection too :cheers:

That saucepan is a huge air filter, the saw being the 090 S1 model. It's a two man gearsaw developed by Stihl for cutting of soft stone. That saw has a carbide tip chain ! There are not many of these saws around.
Do you still have this 090G S1 model? I hope so as I'm trying to gather some information about that model. I sent you a PM a short time back but never heard a response so I figured I would bump this thread to see. Thanks!

The last post in that thread was over 12 years ago.

Mark
Hello Mark,

That is very true but Roland was just on the site this morning at 11:36AM our time. He is a great guy so I am betting he will reply.,,,,,well I do not gamble so I am hoping he will reply.

Bill

Latest posts

Back