My Dumb Question #1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their highest amp rating is 300 continuous 450 burst. The data logging is a nice feature. Seems you would have to parallel a few to get the needed amp rating. I'm keen to see if this project ever becomes more then discussion. Start a thread with your progres. I'll sub to it.

Their highest amp rating is 300 continuous 450 burst. The data logging is a nice feature. Seems you would have to parallel a few to get the needed amp rating. I'm keen to see if this project ever becomes more then discussion. Start a thread with your progres. I'll sub to it.
If it does go forward, I'll for sure post it here in the hot saw forum

But for the time being, I only want to know if a battery saw would be allowed to compete. Seems like it might be able to, but I'm getting the feeling what I should be doing is contacting someone who's in charge of organizing one of those events

Hi, new here. But have been reading here often, as good info seems to be here more than elsewhere on various wood cutting topics

Anyways, this is something I keep wondering about every time I see a hot saw competition video

Why isn't there any electric powered hot saws?

And now that I'm starting to see some interesting battery-powered saws coming out from more respectable brands, it seems this question deserves more attention

Or have I just not spotted the electric hot saw when it happened? I've searched for that, so pretty sure it's not been happening

Why I would want to run such a saw? Max torque at zero RPM. No clutch=no clutch issues. Software driven chain braking - can enable the braking to react just as the bar leaves the cut & long before a guard hits your wrist. Programmable chain speed ramp-up/ramp-down. Consistency from cut to cut. Reliable starting/elimination of all mechanical failure points. Backpack battery allowing a better distribution of saw weight. Variable bar oiling with a BLDC oil pump. Greater flexibility in the ergonomics of how the throttle is placed & more reliable linkage from finger motion to chain speed using optical or hall effect position sensing of the throttle control
My grandson works in a Stihl shop. Last year they had a doofus come in and want to buy an electric powered generator. Needless to say they found this pretty funny. Guess some people just aren't to aware.

Latest posts

Back