My first attempt at porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmguywithasaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got this saw for 10 bucks and I thought I would try porting as the piston was kinda in rough shape anyway. So I took it all apart and I raised the exhaust bringing it from 104 down to 100 degrees ATDC. Exhaust duration went from 153 to 157. Transfers(open transfer) I couldn’t really do much. However I chamfered the leading edge to promote flow.

I took the stock exhaust cover and added a pipe. Seems to cut well. No intake to play with as it has a 4 pedal pyramid reed

No I’m afraid I never thought of pictures. It was nothing to write home about really. Just shaved some material off the top of the port and chamfered the transfer ports at the base of the cylinder.

No I’m afraid I never thought of pictures. It was nothing to write home about really. Just shaved some material off the top of the port and chamfered the transfer ports at the base of the cylinder.
Well looks like it cuts good and runs good too. I have an old homelite ez I need to get to.

Latest posts

Back