MY FIRST SAW! WHAT WAS YOURS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt 440

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey to everyone... first post from little NZ. brought my first stihl today after buying Chinese saws and killing, its a second hand MS440 with 20 inch bar I know in the pics it shows different bucking spikes but its coming with a new set , mainly for serious firewood and some felling.. - matt327474015.jpg 327474132.jpg

Your Bar is on upside down, will it still cut that way?
Just kidding :)

Welcome to the Madness.. stay here long and you will have lots of saws..

Care to come over to the ORANGE side?

lol by orange side u mean husky? I have a large weed eater if that counts lol

thanks for the welcome and im sure I will.. does it mean I can throw away my cheap Chinese stuff now?? :) and im sure my bar will still function haha

Nice saw! lf you tell us the serial no we can tell you weather you have the 'more loved' 10mm carb oposed to the later 12mm. Either way its hard to be dissapointed with a 4fordy! Welcome aboard. Soon you will be bolting a 460 topend on it......just because you can.

Nice saw! lf you tell us the serial no we can tell you weather you have the 'more loved' 10mm carb oposed to the later 12mm. Either way its hard to be dissapointed with a 4fordy! Welcome aboard. Soon you will be bolting a 460 topend on it......just because you can.

ill let u no the serial on Saturday maybe pm u or keep an eye out on here when im back home?.. away on a course in the city and missing the forest!!! and I have already been looking at mods already! :) I guess I cant help myself reading all the past posts

My first saw was a stihl 039. Great saw but had to set her go when a guy flashed some cash. My go to saw now is a stihl ms360 pro, but I have a stihl 044 too. Next big builds lined up for the workbench is a stihl ms460, 272 and 372 husky, and top it off with a me660 build.

My first saw was a $100 Chinese cheapo saw from ebay. I still have it 10+ years later and it still works. It is way heavy for the power. 52cc but is outcut by my T540XP. Probably something like 2.5 Hp but weighs 12.8 lbs dry. Will not re-start after getting hot after 2 or 3 tanks until it has had a rest. I flogged it for over a year until i could afford something better. That it worked without (many) problems for over a year shows that they are an ok saw for the money.

My first real saw was a 455 Rancher. Then my dad gave me his old Pro mac 610. Bought a Dolmar 5105 from the US, then a Dolmar 7900 and it kinda goes downhill from there! ;)

Hello all! I think this is my first post. Long time reader. Great Site!! Well my first saw was a pioneer p25. Quit school when I was 16 to farm an log. Had to make payments to my uncle who had saw shop think price was $50. Man I hated that saw. Wanted a Stihl so bad I dreamed about it.Was cutting paper wood then. 5 foot lengths. Still farming and logging/milling. Stihl only now lol

First saw was a stihl ms170!!! Piss revving fun!! Haha after that I got a husky 61 and 268 now prowling for a big 70cc-90cc stihl to even it out!

Back