My Husqvarna 272xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Update, I finally pulled the cylinder off of my 272xp with very low compression today. The cylinder and piston looks perfect. It needs a ring. The worn stud in the pull start housing is telling me it’s an early 272 wth no compression release. I have the new titanickel piston kit. With a compression release. I’m not sure wether to go oem piston kit. I have other saws that need a refresh so the titanikel kit won’t be wasted. Not knowing the history of the saw and not knowing the Hours n it I’m going to split the case and do crank-bearings and seals too. Crank bearings can fool you, they might feel tight in the case till you split it. I have a ported muffler. What do you think, go oem or am?

Ah come on HB.... ya gotta try the Titan kit out so you can share the results! LOL

I been on the lookout to see an update on ur progress.

I'm kinda chomping at the bit to install my kit on the 350 to see my results but non heated shop won't let cold fingers work properly!!! I tried for a bit today... no go. Damn!

Ok titan it is. The cold put a damper in my outside tractor repairs. I have saws and husky bikes to build. Near the woodstove.

Ya know, I been thinking I should sell my 562xp and grab a new 372 plain carb. I keep reading bout the horror stories on autotune and the less I like it. You either get a lemon or a saw that never has a problem.

Add to the fact there is no big Husky dealer close to me if I need updates or deep calibration done, only Stihl.

I been buying the older husky saws. Plus stocking parts for them.
A lot of people are doing the same thing. There will be a market and a big one for the older saws. Problem is 95 percent of those that use saws to make a living do not know or either think new is better.
And with the way the tree service industry is headed it is my hope that those very same people pay dearly for down time and “ new” saw repairs!!!

I liked my 266se in the day the 272xp should be better, I have a 372xp to fix next.
Delete the heat shield or put a spacer in and put the heat shield against the MUFFLER NOT CYLINDER.
As you know heat is the greatest enemy of any engine and the way they got it the shield is directly against the cylinder making it impossible for any air to get between the cylinder and muffler.
Look at any cylinder and see where the browning is ???
That’s engineering from behind a desk for you! No air Cohagen…no aaar..
Anold

Update, I finally pulled the cylinder off of my 272xp with very low compression today. The cylinder and piston looks perfect. It needs a ring. The worn stud in the pull start housing is telling me it’s an early 272 wth no compression release. I have the new titanickel piston kit. With a compression release. I’m not sure wether to go oem piston kit. I have other saws that need a refresh so the titanikel kit won’t be wasted. Not knowing the history of the saw and not knowing the Hours n it I’m going to split the case and do crank-bearings and seals too. Crank bearings can fool you, they might feel tight in the case till you split it. I have a ported muffler. What do you think, go oem or am?
I've used a lot of hyway kits never a titanickel but used a few pop up s and nikasil treated cylinder s and I've had good luck with them vs the price of oem I stay with hyway and meteor unless I find oem cheaper. Either way I'm interested to see what you choose. I just rebuilt one that mainly just needed a crank and bearings s and I ordered a Chinese kit per my customers demand and I'm having nothing but issues with it pulling over really hard. I still cannot figure it out. The kit isn't in any way affiliated with hyway or your post in general just moral of the story seems to be dont order cheap Chinese parts at least not crank and bearings anyway 🤔

I've used a lot of hyway kits never a titanickel but used a few pop up s and nikasil treated cylinder s and I've had good luck with them vs the price of oem I stay with hyway and meteor unless I find oem cheaper. Either way I'm interested to see what you choose. I just rebuilt one that mainly just needed a crank and bearings s and I ordered a Chinese kit per my customers demand and I'm having nothing but issues with it pulling over really hard. I still cannot figure it out. The kit isn't in any way affiliated with hyway or your post in general just moral of the story seems to be dont order cheap Chinese parts at least not crank and bearings anyway 🤔
I’m telling anyone that reads this whether it hurts feelings or not that the hyway tik tok cylinders are ****! There is no way they can stand up to a 12000 rpm two stroke saw under a constant work load. NO WAY. The old byways were **** but these new ones are dog ****! I’m sick of these tawau nese assholes thinking America is stupid
I got a box full of their **** and they got my bank account. Live and learn my boys

That was the most I’ll advised post I’ve seen yet. Maybe you do t know. Keep ****ing w that crap and you will. Meteor is mediocre hyway is just that hit the road jack and don’t ****ing look back. Might get a bullet!

Just to show you how slick those **** heads are they are now putting decals on their premium saws that use hyway cylinders to only run 25-1 fuel mix . This was done to help with their premature bearing failure. Guess what. The carbon produced from running that rich is enough to peel the plating off of a hyway cylinder. I should know as it happened to one of mine running at 40-1. Hyway cylinder plating destroyed a perfectly good saw.

What it all boils down to is a sign of the times. Manufacturers across the board are trying to compensate for the worlds troubles by saving money on production and shipping costs by making lighter products. Less material is less money. On a mass production basis the 100 grams, or whatever it may be, lighter the tik tok cylinders are than the predecessor nick cylinders saved hundreds of thousands of dollars for whoever it is making these things.
The end result is inferior products that last a third or less of the time a “ good” piece may last.
So they repackage with alluring boxing, attach a more appealing and intriguing name to it, Tikanel, and flood the pages of eBay with it with one seller placing multiple ads.
Then they go on sites like this shouting how good they are… the new product just came in today… so far we’ve had good success with them… a local logging outfit has using a saw that I put one on for close to a year now with no problem…
What these people are doing is preying on hobbyists and homeowners that know no better….
Oh, it’ll last them a lifetime, all they use it for is to cut a few cords of firewood a yr..
One good saw with all good parts is better than ten saws that are destined for premature failure

I’m telling anyone that reads this whether it hurts feelings or not that the hyway tik tok cylinders are ****! There is no way they can stand up to a 12000 rpm two stroke saw under a constant work load. NO WAY. The old byways were **** but these new ones are dog ****! I’m sick of these tawau nese assholes thinking America is stupid
I got a box full of their **** and they got my bank account. Live and learn my boys
I've used a ton of there stuff and never had an issue yet! Maybe u don't know what your doing or getting ripped off but jive got a 346xp 2 660s a 038 a 372 all with hyway and or meteor pistons and cylinder s and they've all been working fine and still continue to cut and work great.

What it all boils down to is a sign of the times. Manufacturers across the board are trying to compensate for the worlds troubles by saving money on production and shipping costs by making lighter products. Less material is less money. On a mass production basis the 100 grams, or whatever it may be, lighter the tik tok cylinders are than the predecessor nick cylinders saved hundreds of thousands of dollars for whoever it is making these things.
The end result is inferior products that last a third or less of the time a “ good” piece may last.
So they repackage with alluring boxing, attach a more appealing and intriguing name to it, Tikanel, and flood the pages of eBay with it with one seller placing multiple ads.
Then they go on sites like this shouting how good they are… the new product just came in today… so far we’ve had good success with them… a local logging outfit has using a saw that I put one on for close to a year now with no problem…
What these people are doing is preying on hobbyists and homeowners that know no better….
Oh, it’ll last them a lifetime, all they use it for is to cut a few cords of firewood a yr..
One good saw with all good parts is better than ten saws that are destined for premature failure
I'm not praying on anyone! I am a hobbyist and a homeowner and firewood cutter all year round. I'm not Elvis presley to this subject like you seem to be but I was just giving my opinion mr Biden if thats OK with you,,, brandon... however I've never used the titanikel so I can't really say but I've got no issues with there other stuff.

Just to show you how slick those **** heads are they are now putting decals on their premium saws that use hyway cylinders to only run 25-1 fuel mix . This was done to help with their premature bearing failure. Guess what. The carbon produced from running that rich is enough to peel the plating off of a hyway cylinder. I should know as it happened to one of mine running at 40-1. Hyway cylinder plating destroyed a perfectly good saw.
I've never had this happen but I do believe ya I'm not to old to learn more about this stuff. I only know what I've seen and done. Which I've not had any of those issues sorry if u feel attacked but I sorta think ur calling the wrong people out,like me I'm a decently experienced builder and I've never ever heard 1 person until now hate on hyway so bad lol 😆 must be your the competition or something. Just kidding but plz do post pics of these failures and tell me more, if I'm really rebuilding stuff with 8nferior parts then I'd like to know why. And most of us would use oem if it didn't cost more than the saw was worth to rebuild with oem. Thats the deciding factor for most of my customers.

You must be talking about farmertech ? Or hutzl??

Back