MY STIHL 066 DUAL PORT BILLET MUFFLER

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazarol

Reaction score
Hi everybody from Italy!
I don't like so much the ones you can find out there so, due to the fact that i'm a machinist, i decided to make my own dual port muffler for my beloved Stihl 066.
I made it from aluminium billet CNC machined. This is the result.IMG_20210217_093048.jpg

The saw now has more torque and an aggressive sound:cool:

What do you think?
I'd like to know your opinion because here in Italy it's a bit unusually to mod the chainsaws.

That is a great looking mod. Consider doing some for your buddies and get some cash on the side. Buona fortuna!

Hi everybody from Italy!
I don't like so much the ones you can find out there so, due to the fact that i'm a machinist, i decided to make my own dual port muffler for my beloved Stihl 066.
I made it from aluminium billet CNC machined. This is the result.View attachment 890187

The saw now has more torque and an aggressive sound:cool:

What do you think?
I'd like to know your opinion because here in Italy it's a bit unusually to mod the chainsaws.
Id buy one. Looks like it can take a hit or 2. I'm all about being different and unique. Haven't done much to my 066 red-eyes factory dp muffler but here's my 460 I had some fun with.

Attachments

• 20220125_190601.jpg
    20220125_190601.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220125_190637.jpg
    20220125_190637.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Nicely done!!
Why thank you. I'm going to tear the saw down soon, do some plastic welding on the handle, smooth everything out and paint everything. Should look like new once im done. I really like this saw for some reason. Id like to get my hands on a 461 or 462 to see the difference between all 3.

How much for one of these? I have to have one haha. Beautiful work

Nate I looked Mazarol up, he was here 9-23 so don't know what the deal is.

Back