My Stihl MS260 Pro Mod With New Idea & Thanks To You All

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 187664

Reaction score
I was gifted a Stihl MS260 Pro by the father of a son that recently passed away. It had an old rusted chain on it and he said just take it. I got it runniing, cleaned it up, replaced the air and fuel filter, plug, new Stihl chain, and performed the mod as directed on this website. This included a new Walbro WT-194 carb (I plugged the air filter instead of an "intelicarb"), two extra holes in the muffler, and grommets. My thanks to those who provided details. This thing now screams compared to before the mod. Just needs minor carb adjustments after that. I also have two old Homelite Textron Super 2 saws that are bulletproof.

I noticed that folks have had trouble coring a hole for the high idle adjustment screw grommet so I thought I would share an easy method. I use cork or rubber stopper corers in my lab. These will cut a nice hole in the rubber grommets. Choose the right diameter, put a little mineral oil on it and twist away.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg