Mystery part fell out of chainsaw…

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkshrout

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi! First post…. Ive been rebuilding a husky 350 to a 346 xp. Lots of help on here so thanks! Got new top end in last night, carb reattached and was air blowing saw with chain and recoil covers off when the attached fell on the ground.

No clue what this is…
Is it a saw part? Or could it have been a random piece of junk (was my grandpas saw…) I’ve been searching online parts diagrams with no luck thanks!image.jpg

Looks like a trigger pivot pin, but I don’t have a Husky 350 here to compare. It’s actually called a center groove dowel pin.

Some guys also use those pins to secure the starter rope knot into the back of a starter grip.

Its the av limiter pin.its pressed into the side of the fuel tank.if the saw has been abused its plastic mount cracks and lets the pin go.

would the pin be the one shown in this picture? That spot is empty on my saw... replacement recommendations? Epoxy it back? Thanks for the replies!!husky handle.jpg

Just push it back in and maybe glue it.the pin can be removed to make the tank/case seperation task easier.

Back