Mystery part found

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flh69

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 036 Stihl & was doing some routine maintenance after I had cut some wood. I removed the chain cover and found this little fitting just laying in the sawdust. I have no idea if it is from this saw.
The dia. of the barbed end measure .240,
The thread is M6-1.00,
The hex measures .43,
The overall length is .650.
Anyone have any ideas?
q.JPG

I'm still using my 30 year old 036 from thirty years.
Never seen the likes of that bit.

That mystery part reminds me of a 025 I had taken completely apart to replace the crank bearings.
Got it all back together and it was running great. During cleanup my white plastic parts catch container had a serious looking WHITE plastic part in the bottom of the pan that looked like some of the same color plastic pieces on the saw. I removed the side covers on the saw, looked at IPL's and could not match the part. I posted on this site with pictures of the plastic part. 2 days no replies. I finally reached out to a Stihl expert on this site. His response was that part does not fit that saw anywhere.
My brain kicked in gear thinking back, I had taken a whirlpool washing machine gear box apart few days before and had parts and pieces in that container and had to dispose of the gear box due to plastic parts broken. It was white and the container was white and was in the bottom of the container when I mixed in the Stihl parts.
???????????? :dumb: :buttkick:

Back