Need advice on 395XP ultra-lite bars.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm thinkin: If I take the plunge and buy a 395XP, I'll want a 28", 32", or 36" ultra light guide bar in .404 pitch. The thought is to lighten the saw up a bit, and have a chain that will handle the torque/power/speed of a 395XP.

The problem is, according to Oregon (called this morning), their ultra-light aluminum insert guide bars are receiving some design changes and won't be available until next year. Even then, there is no telling if they will make a .404 pitch ultra-lite for a large mount Husky in the length's I want.

Sugihara: Does not appear to make .404 pitch guide bars for anything.

Tsumura: Does not appear to make .404 pitch guide bars for anything.

Seems the only choice I have for a large mount .404 pitch bar is Husqvarna's standard pro series solid bars... which are not ultra-lite's.

Are there any other alternative's.
Am I missing something on the Sugihara or Tsumura website's in which .404 large mount Husky bars are shown?

Tsumura and Sugi offer 3/8 x .063, and they both have.404 tips available. Replace the tip and you’ll be good to go

Huskihl, you always have good advice.

I think I'll just buy a 395 pho, equipped with a 3/8 sprocket on the saw, and be happy with a 3/8, .063 Sugi bar and chain.

If I wind up wanting a .404 later, I'll just change the saws sprocket, and search for a suitable .404 ultra-lite bar and chain...if one comes on the market. Or just put up with the heavier weight pro bar.

Incidentally, there was a video of a 592XP equipped with what looked like a genuine Husqvarna ultra-lite bar... two-tone black. I had never seen it before, and thought I pretty much knew the Husky bar choices.
Learn something new every day.

Huskihl, you always have good advice.

I think I'll just buy a 395 pho, equipped with a 3/8 sprocket on the saw, and be happy with a 3/8, .063 Sugi bar and chain.

If I wind up wanting a .404 later, I'll just change the saws sprocket, and search for a suitable .404 ultra-lite bar and chain...if one comes on the market. Or just put up with the heavier weight pro bar.

Incidentally, there was a video of a 592XP equipped with what looked like a genuine Husqvarna ultra-lite bar... two-tone black. I had never seen it before, and thought I pretty much knew the Husky bar choices.
Learn something new every day.

That’s what I’d do. 3/8 is usually more available also

That’s what I’d do. 3/8 is usually more available also
I run the 32” Tsumura lite bars on my Mac super 250, partner p100, Chinese g288. Great bars and saves a lot of weight. I set the Mac up 3/8” pitch .63 gauge Skip tooth chain. The 009 mount will fit a large frame Mac by opening up the mount slot a couple thousands with a flat bastard file. The oil hole can be opened up with a half worn out cut off wheel. All this takes about 15 minutes. I have 32” a husqavrna lite bar on a Chinese G372. My guys haven’t killed it yet

Back