Need carburetor recommendation for Husky e359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky Joe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The old girl needs a carburetor and she will probably serve mostly as a tool for cutting off stumps and dirty work where I don't want to use my new 550 XP. I know I can't go wrong with OEM but can anyone make an economical suggestion that works? Just trying to avoid the counterfeit stuff on eBay and maybe Amazon but trying to save a buck…
Thanks for any help!

Oem is only way to go.
there Is a few threads on this if you search on if zama or walbro version was better.

Thanks Old Guy! I think that is what I will do. I had this planned for a weekend project to resurrect the old 359. She will remain semi-retired and will be used for cutting off stumps and freeing my pinched 550XP. :)

Gotta watch for the tag lines
fits-
replaces-
same as-
see those, u may get knock off version.

Grumble… I got the carburetor installed and the saw starts but it won't keep running unless I've got it at WOT. Sigh…

Grumble… I got the carburetor installed and the saw starts but it won't keep running unless I've got it at WOT. Sigh…

Likes been said- aftermarket carbs can be hit and miss- maybe you missed- or maybe some other problem tricked you into suspecting the original carb was snafooed and needed replaced, when really the carb was fine, but could not compete with an air leak, or low compression, or a blocked spark arrestor screen, or a failing coil.......

She was a good ol’ saw that ran fine until one day she quit out in the woods. My local dealer diagnosed the carb failure (first failure was replaced under warranty). But with her age and lots of use over the years, I upgraded to a 550XP (which I love) instead of spending the money on a old saw with other potential issues, as you’ve pointed out. I was just hoping to get ‘er going enough to cut off some stumps at ground level—-a task I don’t want to do with my “good” saw.

I might tinker with it a bit but lesson learned…

Back