Need help determining if this 201TC is M-Tronic or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some models at least, the sticker on the cover may say C but it could actually be Mtronic. There's a thread somewhere describing that happening on the MS 261, and I saw one myself like that last week.

Not sure about any other particular saw, but the M tronic handle and the non M tronic are not interchangeable on the MS201 . Try it. So, regardless of the sticker see if there is a triangle in the usual choke position on the handle..

And ONLY the M-Tronic models will have a "C" on the recoil on the newest generation saws. A normal C model won't have it.

It's crazy, but that's what Stihl is doing.

Lone wolf is right I have one of each setting here and that is a mtronic. The 201 I have only say's 201tc on the pull start, there is no m on it anywhere that I see.Oh and a new solenoid is about 47.99 when you need it lol.I only say that because I have 2 and they both needed a new one.

TC=Mtronic. No HL adjusting screws=Mtronic. Carb acts a little funny= solenoid,fuel, fuel filter, fuel hose, pulse hose, air leak, wiring, sparkplug, etc. Hearing it run, holding by the starter handle to check compression, will answer a lot of questions. Online purchase= crap shoot.
Why is it going so cheap????

TC=Mtronic. No HL adjusting screws=Mtronic. Carb acts a little funny= solenoid,fuel, fuel filter, fuel hose, pulse hose, air leak, wiring, sparkplug, etc. Hearing it run, holding by the starter handle to check compression, will answer a lot of questions. Online purchase= crap shoot.
Why is it going so cheap????
Look at the picture the saw looks beat and i bet they never did anything to keep it running properly.

Looks like a lot of heat there. I’m not familiar with this saw but there appears to be melting going on.
View attachment 1064000
Kind of looks like the clutch drum is riding out on the shaft and rubbing the clutch cover, bad crack under the muffler outlet, rode hard,put away wet they say.

The 1145 you see in the manual is Stihl's model designation. All the major part number for that saw will start with the 1145 designation. IE the cylinder (1145 020 1200) or crankcase (1145 020 2603)
Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back