Need help reassembling governor spring on Kohler SH265

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky Joe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Howdy! Had some issues with my Kohler SH265 splitter engine not starting and went through the usual troubleshooting BS, including removing the carburetor. I took a photo of the dampening spring and things to help in reassembly but somehow I didn't get a pic of whatever hole the governor spring goes through. Must be something on the throttle control lever? Any help would be appreciated---just need to know what hole my spring goes in. LOL...

does it hold the throttle fully open (gently) when the lever is set at low rpm ?
and strongly when set at high rpm ?
Currently, it won't start. This is my second Kohler (first one replaced under warranty). Taking a serious look at a Honda GX200. :mad:

Gents, I found the repair manual before I posted but the schematic isn't helpful. I was able to get through to Kohler and I emailed them and I spoke with Allen, who said Frank nailed it. He said the spring should go in the D-shaped hole and then bent back so it doesn't pop back out. :)

Latest posts

Back