Need help setting up a benefit for Zogger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

For those who haven’t been following the firewood thread, I just wanted to let folks know that fellow member Zogger has been diagnosed with throat cancer. His first round of treatment will include radiation and chemo 5-6 days a week for 2-3 months. Due to his failing health, he’s already down to working a couple hours a day and possibly won’t be able to work at all once treatments get going.

A few of us over in the firewood forum have talked about getting a fundraiser benefit going and I figured I’d throw a post over here as this forum gets a bit more traffic. I know that these take a little bit of leg work to get going so am wondering if we can enlist help from a couple of people to get this off the ground?

Here’s what we need:
1) Someone to set up and occasionally update the gofundme site.
2) Someone to compile and update donor list on AS
3)Someone who is an active member here and on the other forum that starts with O to cross post the donor list and compile any raffle donations from members over there
4) Someone to manage and run the actual drawing for the raffle prizes once the fundraiser has concluded.

As usual per the previous benefits around here, each $10 donated will count toward one “raffle ticket”.

I’ll volunteer to do task #2. Any takers for 1, 3, and 4?

Have a new tach to donate, including postage to anyone anywhere in the world.
Will get better images but it's a good tach model.
tach.jpg

Will make another jewellery (or whatever you want to put in there) box and post it to anywhere (not responsible for any biosecurity/phytosanitary/customs costs at receivers end though). I know with wooden things the customs officers in some countries can get a bit antsy about the biosecurity risks. Will do my best to mitigate those before it leaves NZ though.
kauriBoxes.jpg

Have a new tach to donate, including postage to anyone anywhere in the world.
Will get better images but it's a good tach model.
View attachment 751524

Will make another jewellery (or whatever you want to put in there) box and post it to anywhere (not responsible for any biosecurity/phytosanitary/customs costs at receivers end though). I know with wooden things the customs officers in some countries can get a bit antsy about the biosecurity risks. Will do my best to mitigate those before it leaves NZ though.
View attachment 751527

I'll donate one of my smaller Vintage Homelites. It will be a nice looking saw in good running conditions, oiler works and a new or almost new sharp chain. Saw yet to be determined. I've been trying to organize my shelves.

Very nice, thank you fellows!

The firewood forum here

Oh, well that sort of makes sense now. I was looking for a Firewood forum.

Arborist Site is is a web forum. Firewood, heating and wood burning is a section of that forum.

Does he like fava beans and a nice chianti? Just asking. :)

Why don't we just sell what we donate on here and paypal him the funds directly? We could have a running thread in the for sale section of this site, or we could just flick off our donations separately any way we can to raise some $ and paypal it through when we are paid.

Does he like fava beans and a nice chianti? Just asking. :)

Why don't we just sell what we donate on here and paypal him the funds directly? We could have a running thread in the for sale section of this site, or we could just flick off our donations separately any way we can to raise some $ and paypal it through when we are paid.
Maybe some wine to celebrate once he beats this!

Update: we are a go to do a benefit and have a handful of saws and other goods! Going to be a little different format than a full blown raffle but we’ll help out the Zog.

Looking for other donations before we get things started. Who’s up next?

I'll donate $0.50 every time Uncle stash uses contraception and I challenge every climate change enthusiast to do the same, whilst also challenging every climate change denier to pledge $500 for every new kid he spawns.

I also pledge to pay the $10/cord Zog tax on every cord of Zog wood (do we have an official size limit, if not we should) @Backyard Lumberjack drags home in his speciality neighbourhood logging cart.

I'll pledge another $100 for whoever are the two main/chief protagonists on the politics forum to spend at least 24hrs arguing their opponents position rather than their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back