Need help setting up a benefit for Zogger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are still looking for donations to get this fundraiser set up folks. Have about 6 saws and some other goodies so far.

Alright, we need to get this rolling as Zogger needs help paying for his prescriptions.

If you are interested in helping him in any way, whether it’s donating something or just sending him some $ please send me a PM.

Have set up a trading post thread and offered the tach for sale. Still not sure whether best to do an auction or fixed price and if one item per thread or we throw everything into the mother of all for sale threads. Any advice, suggestions welcome. Have your say in the poll on that thread:
https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...or-sale-auction-zogger-benefit-thread.334970/
Darin and Jen have given us the go ahead to do an auction style for zog items so your call.

Hey guys,

For those who haven’t been following the firewood thread, I just wanted to let folks know that fellow member Zogger has been diagnosed with throat cancer. His first round of treatment will include radiation and chemo 5-6 days a week for 2-3 months. Due to his failing health, he’s already down to working a couple hours a day and possibly won’t be able to work at all once treatments get going.

A few of us over in the firewood forum have talked about getting a fundraiser benefit going and I figured I’d throw a post over here as this forum gets a bit more traffic. I know that these take a little bit of leg work to get going so am wondering if we can enlist help from a couple of people to get this off the ground?

Here’s what we need:
1) Someone to set up and occasionally update the gofundme site.
2) Someone to compile and update donor list on AS
3)Someone who is an active member here and on the other forum that starts with O to cross post the donor list and compile any raffle donations from members over there
4) Someone to manage and run the actual drawing for the raffle prizes once the fundraiser has concluded.

As usual per the previous benefits around here, each $10 donated will count toward one “raffle ticket”.

I’ll volunteer to do task #2. Any takers for 1, 3, and 4?
Word of caution for you to consider. Go Fund Me will shut you down if they learn about the raffle. You cannot have any mention of a raffle in the GFM description or in the thread you might have linked it to. PayPal is also fussy about that. A recent one I witnessed was all kept within a large private message and donations sent via paypal F&F. Good luck.

Word of caution for you to consider. Go Fund Me will shut you down if they learn about the raffle. You cannot have any mention of a raffle in the GFM description or in the thread you might have linked it to. PayPal is also fussy about that. A recent one I witnessed was all kept within a large private message and donations sent via paypal F&F. Good luck.
Thanks...we need someone who has the time to manage a GFM and I just cannot commit so it does not look like that will happen. It does look as though we are going to do some private sales of stuff and send the $ to him via Paypal

Have set up a trading post thread and offered the tach for sale. Still not sure whether best to do an auction or fixed price and if one item per thread or we throw everything into the mother of all for sale threads. Any advice, suggestions welcome. Have your say in the poll on that thread:
https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...or-sale-auction-zogger-benefit-thread.334970/
Easiest and fastest way is to do a traditional raffle and every $10 gets a ticket. List the prizes as they come in. If you have a trustworthy member that with paypal just make F&F donations that that individual then transfer to zogger or straight to Zogger. Just need someone to play secretary and accountant.

Easiest and fastest way is to do a traditional raffle and every $10 gets a ticket. List the prizes as they come in. If you have a trustworthy member that with paypal just make F&F donations that that individual then transfer to zogger or straight to Zogger. Just need someone to play secretary and accountant.
That is a good idea too if we could get someone to do it. Kiwi bro can't as being he is in NZ there is a conversion fee. And it is just not in the cards for me to take this on.

That is a good idea too if we could get someone to do it. Kiwi bro can't as being he is in NZ there is a conversion fee. And it is just not in the cards for me to take this on.
I'm wondering if it's still worth it for me to do the raffle, and the conversion fees just reduce how much Zogger gets (without it costing the donors any more) but it may still be the best available option. If you guys agree, Dahmer can you please fire through a test payment and see if you can choose to take the conversion fees out of the donated amount. E.g. a total $10 or even $5 payment, and the amount I receive at this end is less the fees. When it comes to the final paypent to Zogger, I can do it via pp and the amount will be reduced given another conversion fee to get it back to up there, or I can choose any number of payment options if the amounts justify it. It only costs me $10 to do an international wire transfer and the forex rates are pretty good. But only if Zogger is ok with me having his account details to wire the $ into, otherwise PP it is will have to be. Anyway, if you guys feel that's still going to be our best option, lets test a small F&F payment and see how it goes.

Otherwise, with raffles out, the poll on that trading post thread suggests people would like auctions but I'm not sure how that would work - just have people list a donated item and a reserve, then let people either bid on that thread via making a post or PM me their 'private' bid?

Started an auction for the tach in that trading post thread. Let's see how that goes.

Just came to mind, and don't take this to mean anything about anyone in particular, it's by no means a passive aggressive attack or anything like that.. I have no idea who ZLogger even is.

I know lots of us on here are self employed. Do yourself a huge favor and tuck away a few $$s here and there.
6-8 months of living expenses isn't crazy.

Couple years ago I ended up with a pulmonary edema. Was at work one minute and next thing I know can't breathe and being rushed to the ER.
I spent a week in ICU after surgery to drain my lungs and have tubes put in. It was almost 2 months till i was back working, and at very reduced capacity. Took about a year to be about back to 100%

Had I not had some $$ tucked away I would have been ruined. Even still it hurt some and took a while to pull back up out of it.

Hey Guys. I am going to be getting a couple of my saws ready to put in an auction for Zogger. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling.
I’ll get a couple pics of the Dolkita 6401 I’m donating posted here tomorrow too.

Evening SVK, So are the saws going to follow the Tach thread?? And if I bid on the tach will you have a Paypal Email address to pay?? Also the same question on the saws and will the saws have a $10 raffle ticket purchase as mentioned or are they going on a auction by bid such as the tach is now? And also what time frame are you talking about on the saws? I see you have the 29th of sept. to end the tach auction is that correct?? Thanks, Tim G.

Hey Guys. I am going to be getting a couple of my saws ready to put in an auction for Zogger. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling.
Let me know how you’re doing yours and I’ll run the Makita same as you. Personally, my opinion is do it like @KiwiBro, minimum opening bid and high bid wins. Just let me know when you want to end it. I have PayPal so the winning bidder can pay me thru F&F and I can send the money to Zogger the same way.

Reactions: svk
Let me know how you’re doing yours and I’ll run the Makita same as you. Personally, my opinion is do it like @KiwiBro, minimum opening bid and high bid wins. Just let me know when you want to end it. I have PayPal so the winning bidder can pay me thru F&F and I can send the money to Zogger the same way.
I’m going to post mine for what I feel is a fair price and then people can bid if they want.

For instance I’m going to put my low hours muffler modded Poulan with B+C for 50 bucks shipped in the US and I’ll leave it open for a week so people can bid if they want. All of the $ goes to zogger and I’ll personally cover the shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back