Need help with double tie ins

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl dude

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,

New to climbing here so any advice is welcomed

I have a question regarding long straight trees where throwing a throwing line is not an option (like a very tall Doug Fir treee or similar).

How do you tie in twice ?

I have a wire flipline and a lifeline with a splice at the end.

What are my options in such situations?

Do I attach a caribiner at the splice, wrap it around the tree and move it up or down and use some sort of friction hitch to attach to the rope so i can ascend/descend?

Cheers

Hi,

New to climbing here so any advice is welcomed

I have a question regarding long straight trees where throwing a throwing line is not an option (like a very tall Doug Fir treee or similar).

How do you tie in twice ?

I have a wire flipline and a lifeline with a splice at the end.

What are my options in such situations?

Do I attach a caribiner at the splice, wrap it around the tree and move it up or down and use some sort of friction hitch to attach to the rope so i can ascend/descend?

Cheers
Did you get that book yet? "Tree Climbers Companion". Read it twice, then read it again...it's your life.

How do you tie in twice ? I use a 2 in1 wire core flip and a top rope as my safety tie in. If you cant get a line to a branch then this is just a rope setup with a split tail and friction hitch advancing both as you go up.

I have a wire flipline and a lifeline with a splice at the end. What size is your splice? tight eye etc.

Do I attach a caribiner at the splice,? Use a rope snap on your spliced eye if it is NOT a tight eye.

wrap it around the tree and move it up or down and use some sort of friction hitch to attach to the rope so i can ascend/descend? basically yes.

There is already a ton of information on these questions in the forums for commercial and arborist 101. Spend the time reading them.
....side note, It may be my perception but alot of the really smart active climbers are not on this site like in years past which really had the best climbing content. Alot of those climbers are active in other sites. Just my perception.

Back