need help with Husqvarna 36

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know the simple solution would be to find a nice dumpster, but I'm determined to make this run. I put in a tygon fuel line and rebuilt the carb, also tried an AM carb. I can sometimes get it to start after many, many pulls, but if I release the choke or hit the throttle it dies. Does the fact that it runs( sort of) on choke mean anything to you smart fellows ( One smart fellow, he felt smart)

I've tried the mixture screws in multiple positions, don't have a clue where they should be. Seems to me that the low speed screw is the one that matters for getting it to start? Is that correct?

You need to set them at about 1 to 1 1/2 turns out from a very light seating... yes the low setting is for the idle....but if your idle adjustment screw(not the low screw)is to far in the idle circuit will be bypassed and it will be running on the Hi screw...

I've tried the mixture screws in multiple positions, don't have a clue where they should be. Seems to me that the low speed screw is the one that matters for getting it to start? Is that correct?
One trick I use is to seat them before I take them out and write down how they were set before I start..

k. I will try that, I have the idle turned way up high in hopes that if I can keep in running, maybe I can adjust the mixture screws
Take it down till it stops moving then about a turn open 1 turn to start(idle screw)....1 1/4 turn out on the low...1 1/2 on the Hi

http://www.madsens1.com/saw_carb_tune.htmIf you're not sure what year/carb it is start with both L & H out 1.5 turns out from lightly seated. Set the idle speed by backing it out then turn it in until it just touches then give it another full turn.
If you're starting it with the throttle lock engaged it shouldn't matter where the idle screw is set to get it to fire but both L & H probably need to be set within half a turn or so.
If the screws need to be set much more than a quarter turn off one of the factory base settings there's probably something else not right

I gave up on the 36 today, and sold it.( 20$) Too much frustration for an old guy!
Sorry to hear that!(better to get 20$ then throw it in the dumpster like you said in the first post) I have a 41 (I think) and I've pulled on that thing enough to piss me off. I also have a 306A Pull-an-Pull-an-Pull.....I hate that thing(some people say they are the bomb but I'd like to bomb it:dumb2::badpc::angry:). I just use McCulloch 10-10As now since they always start on the first or second pull and are soooooo LOAD they put the FU in FUN ! ! ! ! I just play with the other saws I have....

Probably the impulse pipe leaking or split.I think my 136 is out around 1 3/4 turns out on idle screw currently.Ran the bejesus out of this little saw, put rings in, resealed the clamshell.treated it to a rim sprocket, heh heh.Dang thing runs nice and crisp.I would say first thing I will ever check on thes saws is the impulse rubber tube.

Latest posts

Back