Need help with my truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel ya on the heat, yesterday was a 108 heat index. This time of year I have to do things a few hours after dark when it cools off 20+ degrees. see if the problem persists if you use the hazards switch instead of the turn signal switch.

gauge cluster circuit board- delay timing solid state relay- when they start to go south all kinds of weird things happen. Not limited to gm industry wide. and yep like eveyone else has mentioned grounds- but one has to remember that the computer systems operate on their own circuits not chassis ground. All components have constant supply voltage on one side, the other side is switched ( you can call it the negative leg if you want) by the computer or various relay/ switch combinations which still feed back to various control modules. What this means is that everything operates above chassis ground. The various body components, frame, and Eng. ground are still important as some signals use these conections in a mutiplexing fashion. ( which I absolutely detest)

Have you checked the blinker fluid????
O'Reilly parts counter will sell you some. You may have to tell them the color of your vec and the vin #. They will match the color of the fluid to the color of your vec.
If blinker fluid does not correct
TRY TO FIND THE DASH cluster VOLTAGE REGULATOR. It's usually replaceable and mounted on the dash Printed circuit board for the gauges.

Check for rodent damage. Chewn wires, connectors, etc.
Check the contact points inside connectors for corrosion. Put a dab of dielectric grease on each metal contact point while it's apart.
Alternate advice: Kick dashboard repeatedly/violently, and observe trucks reaction. This method works on computers also.

Bad grounds do funny things.
My cig lighter loses power when I open the door for some reason.
Not sure what yours is like, but the gauge light dimmer mechanism might be faulty. Mine acts up sometimes.
Of course if the bad ground is at the turn signal light itself, it might explain why there is a power drain when the bulb lights up.

Back