Need MS 250 clutch drum sprocket and missing parts info?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Previous people working on this MS250 lost the following pieces of the MS250 clutch area parts.

I have the 18 inch 11 teeth bar roller tip stihl bar and 67DL, .063 gauge chain with a 6 stamped on the DL's which appears to indicate a .325 pitch chain. (looking at a Stihl chain ID guide sheet)

When looking at a Stihl parts lists for this MS250 saw with this chain and bar combo I see a 7 tooth or a 8 tooth clutch drum listed with notes to refer to A or B. I cannot find the notes in the medicat.

Which clutch drum do I need, 7 or 8 teeth? I'm not looking at a rim sprocket as a replacement unless it's readily available, etc.

I'm missing the following parts at the MS250 clutch area. I have the centrifugal clutch assembly 1123 160 2050 (I would be interested in the following used parts if anyone has such or the majority of such)
clutch drum and bearing, (for the above chain pitch)
cover washer (that is behind the centrifugal clutch) 1121 162 1001
E clip 9460 624 0801 (8 x 1.3) and it's associated washer (27mm) 9512 933 2260

When looking at a Stihl parts lists for this MS250 saw with this chain and bar combo I see a 7 tooth or a 8 tooth clutch drum listed with notes to refer to A or B. I cannot find the notes in the medicat.

A=not illustrated
B=option

The other parts are available from a Stihl dealer or aftermarket on ebay.

Back