Need Picture if Skil 1616 On/Off Switch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskan Stihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Greetings!

I got an old Skil 1616 in a horsetrade that had the cowling cover and switch broken and missing.

At the time, I searched eBay for replacement parts only to discover they only available ones were way out of line! (Not going to pay $40 for a plastic cover that goes on a cheap-flimsy chainsaw!).

Fast forward, I see the prices are now more in tune with the saw they are being sold for!

I recently took a gamble and bought a replacement on/off switch from eBay, however..it does not appear to have the “lead wire” attached (haven’t received the switch yet…just viewing what the auction picture indicated). Fortunately, It looks like my saw has the lead wire snipped off just inside the handle (have to remove it to see what is there).

Question: Does anyone have one of these switches out on the table that they could snap me a picture to where and how the wire (or wires?) are suppose to be attached to the switch?

From the picture on eBay (of the switch) it almost looks like I might be able to attach the wire with a “Female Flat Foot Electrical Connector” but I am not sure (The picture looks like there are (2) male connector tabs…) I am just not sure…

If anyone has a picture of what one is suppose to look like…that would be awesome!

Attached is a snapshot of the IPL (see item #8 and #9). As you can see in the picture of the IPL, it doesn’t show how and where the wire is connected to the switch itself…

Finally, I am also missing Item #10 (Cap Switch). Obviously, this part will probably be tough to locate…any chance of anyone having this part lying around that needs a good home?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 3E789B4B-676D-44F5-8B78-37235EE1F5A5.jpeg
    3E789B4B-676D-44F5-8B78-37235EE1F5A5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
1648513135600.jpeg
Like many chainsaw on/off switches, the Off position connects the kill wire to ground (the frame). The On position is a disconnect. It's just about the opposite of a typical lightbulb switch circuit. The kill wire connects to a terrninal underneath the switch.

Back