Need someone with CAD to identify gaps in my saw line up!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffkrib

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here’s my line up; Ms 201 (14” bar), with timing advance and muffler opened up. 550XP Mk 1 (16’ bar), stock. PS 6400 with OEM 7910 P&C but otherwise stock (20” bar). Mastermind Ms 661 (28” & 36” bars).
My latest addition is the 661, it’s my first ported saw, only run 3 tanks through it but it pulls like a freight train. I thought once I get the big saw I’d be done but I still have this empty feeling.

Help me... where are my gaps, what should I do? LOL
1627260201658.png
1627260216031.png

You need an old gear drive saw with a 6' bar just to make the 661 get bar envy.
As glamorous as using a massive saw with 6’ bar sounds i think the practical reality handing logs that size should be avoidead. That said in the interest of CAD yes I agree I need one..
My suggestion is to get a MS170 to establish a baseline for your collection then how far you want to go at the other end is just a matter of the size of your wallet (and arm:).
My current baseline is the 201c which is lighter and more powerful than a ms170. I had toyed with getting a battery powered top handle Makita, wouldn’t use it enough to justify it though.

Here’s my line up; Ms 201 (14” bar), with timing advance and muffler opened up. 550XP Mk 1 (16’ bar), stock. PS 6400 with OEM 7910 P&C but otherwise stock (20” bar). Mastermind Ms 661 (28” & 36” bars).
My latest addition is the 661, it’s my first ported saw, only run 3 tanks through it but it pulls like a freight train. I thought once I get the big saw I’d be done but I still have this empty feeling.

Help me... where are my gaps, what should I do? LOL
View attachment 920437
View attachment 920438
Where are the rest of your saws?
Oh wait... you ONLY have 4 saws???
You don't have gaps - you have vast open plains!
:laughing::lol:

Poulan Woodshark or other junk to lend out to people who ask

A pole saw. I have a KM131 with the pole saw attachment. Some people say the Echo one is better.

Top handle climbing saw.

The Stihl battery saws are pretty great for ninja activities.

Looks like a pretty good line up to me.

But the lack of a good top handled climbing saw is obvious.

You'd be amazed at how much ground work cleaning up can be done one handing and tossing the cuttings towards the guy at the chipper, espically in tight places. Not that I'd ever one hand a saw!

Top handles are also very handy for small ornamental pruning because they fit in tight places.

Where are the rest of your saws?
Oh wait... you ONLY have 4 saws???
You don't have gaps - you have vast open plains!
:laughing::lol:
Hey CJ get off his ass ,he's only 10 years old , I had 4 when I was 10 also ,,, nobody gave me a hard time wayyyyyy back then, LOL. Ah, I've never seen anyone on this site with only 4 saws. I'm sure they will fill in the VAST OPEN PLAINS . that makes me laugh

Latest posts

Back