Need someone with CAD to identify gaps in my saw line up!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my cs2511t is probably my favourite saw and has made me the most money by far! That's from a climbing perspective though. It is mighty handy cleaning up on the ground as long as you are hyper vigilant about the dangers of one-handing. I believe you can get a rear handle version of it now too.

I'm keen on an ms241 for my collection too, or the new echo version, cs4310 maybe?

I really like your line up so far, jealous of the dolmar!

So how about I port the Dolmar and bump it up to a 24” or 25” bar. That means I need 2 new saws one with an 18” bar and one with a 20” bar. They could both be ported but I would also need another all around saw with a 18” bar not ported as I live in suburbia. I cut up most of the wood out in the forest but sometimes have to cut bits which won’t split at home and I don’t think it would be appreciated running any size ported saw.
And yes there is a small gap between the 201 and the 550 which could be neatly filed with a 241.
Your MS 201 can handle a 16" bar without any issues.... you get some extra reach and keep the light weight and balance... It may become your "go-to" saw for everything except the big stuff...

Here’s my line up; Ms 201 (14” bar), with timing advance and muffler opened up. 550XP Mk 1 (16’ bar), stock. PS 6400 with OEM 7910 P&C but otherwise stock (20” bar). Mastermind Ms 661 (28” & 36” bars).
My latest addition is the 661, it’s my first ported saw, only run 3 tanks through it but it pulls like a freight train. I thought once I get the big saw I’d be done but I still have this empty feeling.

Help me... where are my gaps, what should I do? LOL
View attachment 920437
View attachment 920438
Looks like you need a green and purple saw to round out your collection. Better hurry though, I hear they are in demand. Wild thangs getting scarce!🟣🟢

Here’s my line up; Ms 201 (14” bar), with timing advance and muffler opened up. 550XP Mk 1 (16’ bar), stock. PS 6400 with OEM 7910 P&C but otherwise stock (20” bar). Mastermind Ms 661 (28” & 36” bars).
My latest addition is the 661, it’s my first ported saw, only run 3 tanks through it but it pulls like a freight train. I thought once I get the big saw I’d be done but I still have this empty feeling.

Help me... where are my gaps, what should I do? LOL
View attachment 920437
View attachment 920438
I once had over fifty, all orange and white. Down to only five, and could turn loose of the smallest if need be.
MS193T 12" bar
MS200T 14" bar
024 16" picco bar (old west germany)
MS440 20" bar
064 28" bar
The best large saw I ever had was a 660 bought new (seen in my avatar cutting our wedding cake), but that was taken from our storage unit, along with a dozen others.
Seems that whatever saw is your favorite in each size, that fills that niche. It is so easy to lose perspective on this collecting thing. Spent a lot of money on that stuff...

Back