Neighbor Cut Down a Tree on My Property

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All good advice given but there are a couple of things that have not been mentioned. (1) If the canopy of the tree on HIS side of the property line should fail and fall and damage anything on HIS side of the property line, you would be held responsible for that damage. (2) Why did he have it cut down in the first place? There has to be a reason.
Life is short. Good neighbors can sometimes be hard to find. Have a beer
and get on with life. JMHO :cool: 🍻
Why he had to cut it down in the first place may just be that he's one of those people who can't stand to have trees without a specific purpose around. It's sufficiently common that he may not really have a reason per se - just that everything is neater, nothing to block the view, "gee I don't know, I just like everything cleaned up".

Some people just can't stand to have anything growing that isn't being controlled. My FIL cut all the lower limbs off one of the two lindens my late husband planted for me... looked awful, limbs are growing back, but will never be the same. I have no clue why, other than that it didn't look "controlled". This whole area seems to prize everything in order, neat lines, geometrically arranged, larger to smaller, etc. Anything not strongly under human control has to go, or be pruned up perfectly symmetrically.

This whole area seems to prize everything in order, neat lines, geometrically arranged, larger to smaller, etc. Anything not strongly under human control has to go, or be pruned up perfectly symmetrically.
I just do ground level pruning. It is simple and straight to the point

This sounds like a made up story. A crepe myrtle is not a tree. As for a warranty on a tree.. I never heard of that either.
I have no idea what a crepe myrtle is but a warranty on a tree is a very real thing here. A good quality nursery/landscaper will definitely warranty their product and work. I have seen them replace high end trees before that failed. Think about this how happy would you be if you spent $5000 on 3 trees planted and one died within a season.

I asked if he thought it was a bush cause he didn't think its a tree there are two types and smaller ones that are bushes. Get it now?
No, what you did was quote a person without reading what they actually said. Read exactly what the poster said in #29 and what you said in #31. Now I ask again WHO said it was a bush?

I have no idea what a crepe myrtle is but a warranty on a tree is a very real thing here. A good quality nursery/landscaper will definitely warranty their product and work. I have seen them replace high end trees before that failed. Think about this how happy would you be if you spent $5000 on 3 trees planted and one died within a season.
Thank you the information. I was unaware of such a thing, but I do live in rural Alabama where a lot of people do not have $5000 to spent on anything.

Thank you the information. I was unaware of such a thing, but I do live in rural Alabama where a lot of people do not have $5000 to spent on anything.
I understand not having $500 let alone $5000 but you must remember everyone is a bit different. Personally I would not spend that but others do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back