Nephew didn't put oi in!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Jesus had an Echo... it was because he knew it was one of the best "bang for the buck" units he could afford. Amazing stuff, if your living doesn't demand the absolute best. I bet he preferred Stihl.. Don't we pretty much all!!

Let the Flames begin!

What's wrong with a Stihl? I run both Echoes and Stihls and they are both fine saws. Have you ever had a Stihl?
I was wondering the same thing. Folks on this site are so consumed about what brand of saw someone runs or what oil they use. I have two Stihl saws MS310/440 that are great for the bigger jobs on the property, but the one that gets the most use and is my Echo CS 355T. It is a great saw to have.

All's well that ends well, I guess. I did check the pistons like you guys suggested and and they looked OK. I put in some fresh mix and used it long enough to convince me no real harm done. I got a smaller Stihl for backup. I appreciate all the good advice.

Damm I need me one of them two cylinder Echos..........just kidding.

Now give your nephew a big pile of knotty twisted elm rounds, a maul, and a wedge. Tell him the saw is available again, when it's split, stacked, and covered.

I don’t keep regular gas with me when I’m cutting. It stays back under the shelter with the mowers.

I was wondering the same thing. Folks on this site are so consumed about what brand of saw someone runs or what oil they use. I have two Stihl saws MS310/440 that are great for the bigger jobs on the property, but the one that gets the most use and is my Echo CS 355T. It is a great saw to have.
Same here. I've got a couple of 355Ts, couldn't be happier with them! Abuse them, work them, and they just won't quit. Put Stihl oilmatic chain on them, and they cut like a rabid beaver on crack. My climber knocked his 201 off the picnic table at a job site, and pooched the throttle mechanism. He had his choice of my 355T, or calling it a day. He took the 355T back up the tree... It went just fine. He comes down, and says " That actually cuts pretty good".. Probably the hardest words that ever came out of his mouth in some time.

Back