New Bandit chipper pricing???,,,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treecare

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I am looking at here in Denver co. A new Bandit chipper either a Bandit 15x for $90000.00
Or the Bandit 18x for $105000.00 I was told these are the factory pricing and that there are going to be more price increases in the near future?? Is this correct?? Who has bought a new one and whst did you pay. He said that there are unit coming in towards end of year and to put down a $500 deposit to hold it and that that would lock in price.

I understand everything is going up in the world but this seems extremely high markup or maybe not I don't know.

Please share your experiences here recently on buying a new chipper. I am old school and it has been awhile since I purchased a new one so I was shocked.
Have a good day everyone.
If you have had better luck in your state I can have it shipped here.
Treecare

Yes, the prices have gone up tremendously! I doubt you'll be able to buy a new chipper out of state as the dealers have agreements with the manufacturer's that they can only sell in their territory. If caught selling out of their territory, they will be put on probation. You can buy a used chipper from any dealer. The lead-times are a lot longer as well. When many states closed for Covid, nothing was being made and we're now paying for it! I'm having problems getting many parts for machines in our industry. Bearings and belts are becoming a major issue. I strongly recommend that anybody reading this, please buy spare parts now for your machine. I tried to get a belt for a stump grinder yesterday and the manufacturer won't have any until early September.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Hello.

I am looking at here in Denver co. A new Bandit chipper either a Bandit 15x for $90000.00
Or the Bandit 18x for $105000.00 I was told these are the factory pricing and that there are going to be more price increases in the near future?? Is this correct?? Who has bought a new one and whst did you pay. He said that there are unit coming in towards end of year and to put down a $500 deposit to hold it and that that would lock in price.

I understand everything is going up in the world but this seems extremely high markup or maybe not I don't know.

Please share your experiences here recently on buying a new chipper. I am old school and it has been awhile since I purchased a new one so I was shocked.
Have a good day everyone.
If you have had better luck in your state I can have it shipped here.
Treecare
i was told 135k for a fully loaded 19xp every option plus tandem axels. 1k deposit refundable
no mention of price hikes

i was told 135k for a fully loaded 19xp every option plus tandem axels. 1k deposit refundable
no mention of price hikes
What engine option?

What are the other options? Is this like the remote deal, where you can control the feed system from inside a machine?

That does sound like a lot of money, I’m thinking that thing must be overloaded with options for sure, just wondering what that price, and “every option” includes.

What engine option?

What are the other options? Is this like the remote deal, where you can control the feed system from inside a machine?

That does sound like a lot of money, I’m thinking that thing must be overloaded with options for sure, just wondering what that price, and “every option” includes.
cat c4, remote control, outriggers, tandem axel with extended frame, hydraulic jack and so much more. We dont mind paying that much because we run one crew and this machine will be used forever. our current chipper is a 1994 morbark 2400 and we got all these years out of it running it 8 hours a day for the past 20+ years. if it aint broke dont fix it i guess?

cat c4, remote control, outriggers, tandem axel with extended frame, hydraulic jack and so much more. We dont mind paying that much because we run one crew and this machine will be used forever. our current chipper is a 1994 morbark 2400 and we got all these years out of it running it 8 hours a day for the past 20+ years. if it aint broke dont fix it i guess?
130k includes sales tax.

130k includes sales tax.

I paid right around 83k (plus tax, so 87ish) for my 19xpc four years ago. Single axle, 173 JD, hyd. jack, winch, manual chute, no remote. It should’ve been 90k plus tax (got a deal), though, so 95 - 96k.

$135k is a lot, but that does sound like a beautiful machine. If you have the work, I’d do it.

That’s one purchase I feel I nailed perfectly. At 11,350 lbs (dry) it’s a tank, but my trucks all pull it fine. Not sure I’d want too much heavier though.

I would like the tandem axles for dispersing the weight on driveways more when you’ve got a 20” log 16’ long flopping up and down lol. Never had a problem though, and I like being able to move it in tight spots with the hitch on front of my machine if need be. Seems like tandem axles might be harder to position?

I paid right around 83k (plus tax, so 87ish) for my 19xpc four years ago. Single axle, 173 JD, hyd. jack, winch, manual chute, no remote. It should’ve been 90k plus tax (got a deal), though, so 95 - 96k.

$135k is a lot, but that does sound like a beautiful machine. If you have the work, I’d do it.

That’s one purchase I feel I nailed perfectly. At 11,350 lbs (dry) it’s a tank, but my trucks all pull it fine. Not sure I’d want too much heavier though.

I would like the tandem axles for dispersing the weight on driveways more when you’ve got a 20” log 16’ long flopping up and down lol. Never had a problem though, and I like being able to move it in tight spots with the hitch on front of my machine if need be. Seems like tandem axles might be harder to position?
the CAT motor adds a hefty sum on, so does the tandems. gonna wait till september to order just to see a bit more of what the economy does but as of right now we have plenty of work. booked out a month with atleast 5 days worth of work coming in each week, praying it stays like that but with the economy slowing down its iffy. our service area is wealthy and in need of tree work badly though. all a game of risk and calculation

I don’t know. Prices won’t go down this year. Interest rates could be a deal breaker. Nothing wrong with good used equipment. I’m CT they tax you on anything registered at the DMV so that’s a big payment every year on a $130k chipper. Plus the insurance. At 5% interest the chipper is going to be over $2,500 month. Just in payments .

the CAT motor adds a hefty sum on, so does the tandems. gonna wait till september to order just to see a bit more of what the economy does but as of right now we have plenty of work. booked out a month with atleast 5 days worth of work coming in each week, praying it stays like that but with the economy slowing down its iffy. our service area is wealthy and in need of tree work badly though. all a game of risk and calculation

If you think CAT adds a hefty sum, price out a JD. Deere is the best.

I don’t know. Prices won’t go down this year. Interest rates could be a deal breaker. Nothing wrong with good used equipment. I’m CT they tax you on anything registered at the DMV so that’s a big payment every year on a $130k chipper. Plus the insurance. At 5% interest the chipper is going to be over $2,500 month. Just in payments .
2500 a month is a lot but with our situation it would be our only equipment payment so it isnt awful

2500 a month is a lot but with our situation it would be our only equipment payment so it isnt
Your right about that and the sooner you buy and start making payments the sooner you’ll own it. Take care of it and it’ll last forever

And that will cost you 17,195.62 in interest,total amount will be 147,195.62.

Your right about that and the sooner you buy and start making payments the sooner you’ll own it. Take care of it and it’ll last forever
Morbark 2400 we own now has made it since 94 and is still kicking. maintenance and understanding the machine is everything

Back