New bars bar and adjuster not fitting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borgia

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a husky 460 rancher. The original bar is pretty worn so I decided to replace. I purchased 2 new off brand bars from amazon. The two are different brands. My original bar was 3/8 .058 72 dl. The replacements are .375 .058 72 dl. My calculator says 3/8 = .375.

For some reason the new bars will not fit with the adjuster. The hole is just slightly too low.

Am I doing something wrong and is there a way to get these bars to work? If not in the future how do I know how to buy a bar to fit? Since they were the exact same specs I thought they would work.

I have a husky 460 rancher. The original bar is pretty worn so I decided to replace. I purchased 2 new off brand bars from amazon. The two are different brands. My original bar was 3/8 .058 72 dl. The replacements are .375 .058 72 dl. My calculator says 3/8 = .375.

For some reason the new bars will not fit with the adjuster. The hole is just slightly too low.

Am I doing something wrong and is there a way to get these bars to work? If not in the future how do I know how to buy a bar to fit? Since they were the exact same specs I thought they would work.

Take the bar- clamp it in a good engineers vice- take a file you might use to sharpen chainsaw chain teeth and proceed to move the hole in an oval orientation until it fits the adjuster on the saw.
Flip the bar and do the same for the other hole.

In future- buy bars that suit the saw mount and are specified at point of sale- are you sure you got D009 mount that the 460 requires and not K095 that the 455 uses?
K095 should have 8.2mm for the stud slot- but a budget no name bar might be loose enough milled to fit the larger studs of a D009 tightly but the bar tails are different so the adjuster may not fit.
If that is the case- likely the oil gallery holes will not line up either.

Take the bar- clamp it in a good engineers vice- take a file you might use to sharpen chainsaw chain teeth and proceed to move the hole in an oval orientation until it fits the adjuster on the saw.

In future- buy bars that suit the saw mount and are specified at point of sale- are you sure you got D009 mount that the 460 requires and not K095 that the 455 uses?
K095 should have 8.2mm for the stud slot- but a budget no name bar might be loose enough milled to fit the larger studs of a D009 tightly but the bar tails are different so the adjuster may not fit.
Thx. I was not aware I needed to match mounts. I think ill return these and get ones that match.

I just looked at the knock off bar i bought and it says it is d009. Where do I find the mount my saw requires?

Also can i convert this too .050 simply by placing a .050 bar on it or do I need to change the sprocket or something else also? .050 seems much more orevalent for what I want.

I just looked at the knock off bar i bought and it says it is d009. Where do I find the mount my saw requires?

Also can i convert this too .050 simply by placing a .050 bar on it or do I need to change the sprocket or something else also? .050 seems much more orevalent for what I want.
D009 is correct mount pattern for that bar.

Did You look at the link I posted, along with the bar mount info?

Looks like you got cheap Chi-Com bars from Chinamzon/Sleazyzos. If that is correctly marked/made.

Who made those, so we know to avoid?

My calculator says 3/8 = .375.
The real computation is 1640 drive links per 100 feet. which is around .366. 3/8 is just a term. 1/4, .325 are exactly what the drive link spacing is.

Amazon likely is independent sellers that are charged a fee. If the fit wrong for the adjuster, how about the oil hole and the slot size? The guage is what you choose to order 0.050, 0.058 and how exact what you get may be variable. Same drive sprocket.

I recently got a couple bars D009 mount for my Makitas , funny part is that everything matches except the drive link count for whatever reason. 20" bar 72dl nope 70 dl and a 24" 84dl nope 83. with the as marked dl counts tension adj . was maxed out. brand new chains and no they are not .325x58 bars. they are stamped 375 x 50. Course there could have been and mix up on the mfg side, and they are mis marked. It happens. Come to think of it I never checked the bar grove width. 050/058 are dang close as is the .375/325 pitch and that could very well be what gives. There is no problem with sprocket on the nose of the bar running .375 pitch.

I recently got a couple bars D009 mount for my Makitas , funny part is that everything matches except the drive link count for whatever reason. 20" bar 72dl nope 70 dl and a 24" 84dl nope 83. with the as marked dl counts tension adj . was maxed out. brand new chains and no they are not .325x58 bars. they are stamped 375 x 50. Course there could have been and mix up on the mfg side, and they are mis marked. It happens. Come to think of it I never checked the bar grove width. 050/058 are dang close as is the .375/325 pitch and that could very well be what gives. There is no problem with sprocket on the nose of the bar running .375 pitch.
Some saws have same gauge/pitch, bar will mount , but way bar mounted takes different # chain links, also happens when small to large driver spockets are changed

The gauge (0.050 in your case) is just between the bar and chain. All you need is for them to match each other.

Changing pitch (3/8 to .325 for example) requires a matching bar, chain, and sprocket. FWIW Oregon sells a rim sprocket kit for that saw which makes things easier.

99.9% sure the 460 needs the K095 pattern. It’s basically a 455 with a 2mm larger cylinder, which is a saw I have in hand. But it’s advisable to triple check using oregon’s website. The D009 is usually on husky saws above 60ish ccs.

these were husky listed bars- narrow body vs others i have had. not really a problem as i have the tools and presets . dress bars by hand with a file have a closer when they get worn slopy, but you can only go. so far. the old bars were just plain worn out.

This intel is 1/2 right. The homeowner grade 460 Rancher uses the same bar mount pattern as the other mid-size saws, including the 455 Rancher. The 460, a seperate model, uses the larger/est Husqvarna bar mount pattern, which is the D009. As to fiddly-farting with tools, to alter a bar is 1/2 ass. Just buy the correct bar to begin with.....

ACRES Chain Saw data base, is the source, as well as Oregon's catalog.

This intel is 1/2 right. The homeowner grade 460 Rancher uses the same bar mount pattern as the other mid-size saws, including the 455 Rancher. The 460, a seperate model, uses the larger/est Husqvarna bar mount pattern, which is the D009. As to fiddly-farting with tools, to alter a bar is 1/2 ass. Just buy the correct bar to begin with.....

ACRES Chain Saw data base, is the source, as well as Oregon's catalog.
Not aware there is a difference between a 460 and 460 rancher. Acres site lists both but not much info (bar mount) on the rancher model. Lists 460 as D009.

Maybe I'm wrong on D009 mount? I've not owned one, or many huskys, but worked on a few.

I thought "rancher" was just marketing , like Stihl uses "pro" and "farm boss".....

The gauge (0.050 in your case) is just between the bar and chain. All you need is for them to match each other.

Changing pitch (3/8 to .325 for example) requires a matching bar, chain, and sprocket. FWIW Oregon sells a rim sprocket kit for that saw which makes things easier.

99.9% sure the 460 needs the K095 pattern. It’s basically a 455 with a 2mm larger cylinder, which is a saw I have in hand. But it’s advisable to triple check using oregon’s website. The D009 is usually on husky saws above 60ish ccs.
What about the dl is that just between the bar and chain as well?

Latest posts

Back