New bars bar and adjuster not fitting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the old bar. It is notably thinner than the ones I purchased. Would it says the mount on the old bar since this seems to be a question with different answers?
The info may or may not be stamped into the bar. Depends on the manufacturer and whether or not it’s still legible.

Not sure why there are different answers lol.

In that case- the 460 must be the newer version of the old 262 problem- can be either and it is up to the owner to know what they have.
Maybe all North American ones were K095? Or the vast majority of them- my answer was based on local knowledge and over here 455 was the cut off for K095- our 460's were D009 saws.
So possibly I put someone on the other side of the Pacific on the wrong path, but maybe they got D009 when they needed K095- not the other way around.
Simple to prove- lay the old worn out bar on the new nobrand bars and see what is different.

In that case- the 460 must be the newer version of the old 262 problem- can be either and it is up to the owner to know what they have.
Maybe all North American ones were K095? Or the vast majority of them- my answer was based on local knowledge and over here 455 was the cut off for K095- our 460's were D009 saws.
So possibly I put someone on the other side of the Pacific on the wrong path, but maybe they got D009 when they needed K095- not the other way around.
Simple to prove- lay the old worn out bar on the new nobrand bars and see what is different.
No worries I never would have figured this out myself and appreciate the help. Im just going off what others have said and amazon. The bars i ordered are d009 and dont fit. They are much fatter and the adjuster hole doesnt match, not sure if the oil hole does either.
After people mentioned k095 I searched it on amazon and it says compatible with the 460. Thus I'm assuming this is the correct bar.

At least with Sthil, 3003 mounts are visibly different than the open ended bar slot 3005 mounts.

What Bob says is easy to do, lay them out and see if holes/slots line up. Works with old bars with illegible markings and new ? bars

I can’t speak outside the North American area, but here the 460 IS a 455. The only differences are the tag and the cylinder/piston. You can literally turn a 455 into a mislabled 460 by doing a head swap.

I have the old bar. It is notably thinner than the ones I purchased. Would it says the mount on the old bar since this seems to be a question with different answers?
If THINNER, MAYBE A 325NK= "Narrow Kerf" bar and chain? What is stamped on bar down by mount?

Back