New Battery Saws: Husqvarna T540i xp and 540i xp now on US website

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwroller

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
For anyone other than me that has been anticipating the new Husqvarna battery saws, they are now on the US website. They launched in Europe back in February and should be in dealers here next month. Pricing is $580 (+$10 for back handle) and the battery designed for it is another $210. Charger is $30+ depending on how fast you want to charge. I was getting ready to get the T535i a few months ago when I heard this one was coming out so I decided to wait. It supposedly outperforms the T540 xp gasser and is on par with the 201t while being lighter, quieter and easier to start in a tree. I know many wont switch, but for my use it is about perfect.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/battery/

I already have the trimmer and pole saw and they are great. I plan to add a blower and hedge trimmer as well. I get about a half days use on a charge and toss it on the charger during lunch and am ready to go when I get back out.

Just need to decide between a 14 or 16" bar. I also want to determine if the 200x batter they launched with it will work on my other tools, and if the new saw will work with the battery I already have - if not that will be really frustrating.

If anyone knows a good Husky dealer in the Seattle area let me know, I was not happy with the one I was using.

l
It appears that Husqvarna now is using peak voltage instead of nominal voltage in their literature. The last two digits were 36 before.

My 436 blower may be on the way out it does not run quite right any more, usually comes around to running ok.

For the increased price It appears the bar has that yellow section associated with an aluminum core and the new mini .325 by 0.043 chain. Believe what you want I doubt it keeps up with the gas t540 same cutting attachment.

I believe the 200 series battery is the same size in two dimensions, the ones that plug in and longer in the other dimension, it is heavier. I have the 4.2 amp hour batteries which have been superceded but price increased. What does it come out to something like $1000 per kilowatt hour? Battery technology and pricing is supposed to approach $100 per kwh in the automotive sector I have been lead to believe.

Back