New "collector"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerambycid

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New to the forum and have enjoyed the chainsaw information for quite a while. I've been collecting Stihl chainsaws for a few years now but want to get more serious about understanding the intricacies (and versions) of each model. I've focused my collecting mainly to the saws of the 1980s. I currently have 23 working saws. My favorites are the 051 and 075. I understand that serial numbers offer little information for Stihl models, so where can I go to learn more about variations of each model?

New to the forum and have enjoyed the chainsaw information for quite a while. I've been collecting Stihl chainsaws for a few years now but want to get more serious about understanding the intricacies (and versions) of each model. I've focused my collecting mainly to the saws of the 1980s. I currently have 23 working saws. My favorites are the 051 and 075. I understand that serial numbers offer little information for Stihl models, so where can I go to learn more about variations of each model?
Welcome to the site. Try out Mike Acres site. He has put in countless hours building a saw database.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/GasbyManufacturer?OpenView

Back