• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell *new* commercial size log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Custom commercial log splitter.

-14hp kohler command pro
-22gpm pump
-5" cylinder 2"rod
-30+ gallon oil tank
-log lift
-Ar400 4-way
-Ar400 slide plate
-Ar400 two stage main knife
-large durable pusher.
-3500 pound torsion axle
-205/75/R15 radial and balanced tires
-Removable 10 gauge fenders
-Removable & adjustable height log rack
-Storage area for fuel and oil

A few things that make my splitters stand out.

- I use AR400 plate for the knives and slide plate, not cheap flimsy A36 or grade 50.

-Set my splitters next to any of the other big sellers out there and you will see the quality, fit and finish is far Superior. The main reason I started building these things are because how upset I got when I saw what companies were charging for what you get.

-Removable and adjustable height log table/rack. A very nice and unique feature.

-Standard 10gauge fenders. Not a expensive option like most.

-Large storage area for what ever you want. Works great for fuel and oil containers.

My splitters are built to last, so your grandkids can inherit it.

This will be the last splitter I build for a period of time till I relocate so if your at all interested you better jump on it now

Selling price is $8500 +tax
That includes 30 gallons of oil **typically not included in most splitters** $200.00 value

An extra $150 if you want the optional tank heater.
Depending on location I'm willing to meet part way for delivery. Runs down the road at 80 all day long, tows great.

I list these splitters elsewhere so please be serious if you contact me looking to buy.

93677e02c56cf20a2e570ba30a062210.jpg
c66116936fa2d0659c52f55f6e421b88.jpg
1584a6a1d8aa9ba948f2239035b70b21.jpg
1b74c44c10d5915d15209ac021073750.jpg
e5853d413210b39d168442935d3f57e1.jpg
1abb96c1e1af4a7037af7cfcf6738b5e.jpg

What's the cycle time and do you have an idea of what force it will produce?

2 stage pump?

Any reason not to use a ram with a larger rod to speed up the cycle time?

It all depends what someone wants to spend. The blue one that I had pictures of is a 5" bore with 3.75" rod. 6.6 sec cycle time. Your right time is $$, but I've yet to have a single complaint about any of my splitters out there. Spend speed cost $$ and funny it may sound most rather have quality over speed.

I bought the last one Alex had for sale and all I can say is WOW!!!!! What a well built machine. You need three men to keep up once you learn how to efficiently run the 4-way. Quality beyond belief. Great guy to deal with and a product unmatched in quality and performance.

Quality is important, but at the price point I'd expect quick too.
Not that a 10 sec cycle is terribly slow though. Is the cost difference on a ram with a large rod vs std quite a bit?

Beg my pard too, I just realized your thread was a for sale ad, not a regular post, won't hurt my feelers if all the discussions ate removed.
I will say yes, there is a cost difference. I had a shop do the custom cylinder for me, and well they did a great job, very timely manner, and you know good work costs money. Not only do you have the costs for the custom cylinder work, but then you have to run a dump valve, as the return stroke is a lot faster, you have a cylinder full of oil that has to get out really fast. On the blue one, it was calculated that on the return stroke, we'd be in the range of 65gpm for about 2 seconds. That would greatly overload the valve and make a lot of heat. So with the cost of a dump valve, you have some more plumbing to do, some more fittings, ect. So you can see it adds up quickly. Speed costs money, and it's just not as simple as ordering different parts.

I had Alex build the blue one for me. There were some new areas to explore per say when going to a higher gpm pump and such. I say it was a fun project and it turned out perfect! I'd do it again, but I don't see any improvements that can be done from what I already have (well maybe a wet bar and a lounger chair at the OP station).

I bought the last one Alex had for sale and all I can say is WOW!!!!! What a well built machine. You need three men to keep up once you learn how to efficiently run the 4-way. Quality beyond belief. Great guy to deal with and a product unmatched in quality and performance.

This right here is why I build these things. Thank you so very much for the kind words. I wonder monthly how you and that splitter are doing.

Quality is important, but at the price point I'd expect quick too.
Not that a 10 sec cycle is terribly slow though. Is the cost difference on a ram with a large rod vs std quite a bit?

Beg my pard too, I just realized your thread was a for sale ad, not a regular post, won't hurt my feelers if all the discussions are removed.

You need to realize I'm trying to be in a competitive price range while using materials that other builders don't use. Also look at that things it comes standard with that all others charge extra as an option. I spend months on these things trying to build what someone would want vs what's going to make me $$. I know for a fact if you added in my hours to the build cost I loose $$. Yes $$ is great but seeing someone leave happy with a machine knowing they got exactly what they paid for vs paying for half ass quality and sub par parts is much more important then me. For how much these things cost just in materials i typically build per customer order so it doesn't leave such a Financial burden on my part. So I built the most universal/desired one I could think of to cater to -most-. I'm just the avg Joe out there trying to make ends meet and hope to make a little doing this. I hope some day I can do this full time and have several different sizes and styles on hand.

I remember a build thread on one of your splitters, must have been 2 years ago. I remember being impressed by the build quality you put into them. Do you have a link to it?

It's hard to turn a dollar on work like this till you have a pattern & you can repeat. I own a TW-6 & the cycle time is only 8 seconds. I'd call his splitter a good buy.

It's hard to turn a dollar on work like this till you have a pattern & you can repeat. I own a TW-6 & the cycle time is only 8 seconds. I'd call his splitter a good buy.
What are your specs of your TW6? Bore, stroke, gpm pump, rod size? What did you pay for it?

*edit*
I looked up the specs of your TW6, and well I can tell you it's not an actual 8 second cycle time. With the specs, it comes out to 8.4 second cycle time. Actual cycle time if probably a second longer, closer to 9.4 seconds. Is there a dump valve on this unit, cause with that cylinder, on the return stroke you have about 43 gpm, and would over load your valves, creating heat.

The stuff that's optional on the TW6, is standard stuff on AE Metal Werx's machines.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I was taking up for the guy by saying I thought it was a good buy. He said he wasn't making any money if he counted his time & I can understand that. I had a production business for several years myself. Plus I complemented his machine in post #9.

I purchased my machine used for less than his new but that'sneither here or there. I think his machine is well worth the price.

Now Grimmy did you think I was trying to belittle his machine? As far as the specs of a TW-6 I'm sure you know more about it than me. I don't have a manual for it. It's run 7 years for us without needing anything so I've really had no reason to check with the factory so I have no specs. Looking at his machine I would think it to do the same even if run commercially as mind was.

8 or 9 second cycle time? Never timed it just took the former owners word for it.

I'm just stating the facts. A lot of people want to compare, and say this and that (tonnage, cycle time, ect) but most people don't realize what it takes to build a quality machine, from design to fabrication, ect. They will focus on the price and then say that it's close to a Timberwolf or compare it to a Timberwolf. While they both do the same thing, there are some big differences. Both are great machines. Fab quality and weld quality I think are different. I'm just saying apples need to be compared to apples.

You're TW6 will have a quicker cycle time compared to Alex's red machine, just due to the bigger rod diameter. The extend stroke would be the same........same bore, same gpm pump.

Itsall good! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back