• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell *new* commercial size log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to operate his machine. The thing looks like a work of art. If he built one for me I might ask for a little longer grate but that's just me. If I would run this one though I might change my mind on that. Ok guys somebody purchase this thing.

Hi Alex I'm new here and I'm interested in your log splitter. I receive large but blocks from a local logger and I bust by myself and I was wondering if you can put a knife on the cylinder end I do not need the 4 Way wedge. Any idea of what could be done to make my job easier.

Hi Alex I'm new here and I'm interested in your log splitter. I receive large but blocks from a local logger and I bust by myself and I was wondering if you can put a knife on the cylinder end I do not need the 4 Way wedge. Any idea of what could be done to make my job easier.

Anything could be done it's more about what you want. I would need more details on that. As for the 4-way, when it's in the down position it's completely out of the way so you can split halves all day long but if something cons up you wanna use the 4-way for all you need to do is pull the lever and raise it up.

Alex

Most of the blocks measure 36 inches across and 28 inches long. Even in half I don't think I can handle them to get them back to the wedge to be split again. I bust Hickory,oak,gum, elm.and most are knotty.you know the stuff nobody else wants
Any suggestions?

You can always halve and quarter pieces to make handling better. 36" diameter, 28" long....oh my, my back hurts thinking about wrestling with those. My saw would love to cut them up and noodle them though. Some grunt work to get them to the log lift and the rest is pretty much history after that. Here's the biggest piece I've picked up so far....red oak, 28" bar about 20" long cut. Splitter handled it like a champ and didn't even get into second stage splitting it. Alex built this one for me.

20151219_143130.jpg

Thanks Grimmy right now I've got a stand up splitter and my woodpile is on a slight heel side.so rolling is not a big deal its the standing the block up part that tough. My Splitter has a small wedge only 8x3 so it hardly ever pops the big blocks apart this means heaving and turning some more. I never been around or seen one of these type machines work and don't know what to expect from it. I have an outdoor water stove so my cuts will be at least 28 inches long.

So close to saying "Ill take it."

Have you built any smaller splitters since you put this one on the block?

Sorry, red has been sold. I haven't built any smaller splitters since I stared building the large ones. I need to though. Lots of people have interest.

Thanks for that. I didn't need anymore motivation to spend 8 grand.

I'll be on the lookout if you whip up something a hair less badass.

sent from a field
Think about it the cost will be offset by the firewood processing time saved and the cost of machinery keep's going up any way. I woulnt hesitate to spend that kind of money if I could make it back. Take a look at Wolf Ridge splitters.

Latest posts

Back