New Echo CS-4910-18 followed me home.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran 2 more tanks through this weekend. The clutch didn't slip like the first time. Guess it had to break in. Much happier with it, it's waking up. My idle is a little high after it runs a while, but perfect on starts. I haven't tweaked it since the initial test. Two small trees were wrapped together and I pinched the 4910. I was able to get the motor and bar out just leaving the chain stuck. I'll be darned if I didn't pinch the 400 cutting the other half. It was windy, some saw dust blew in my eye and put me in misery. That was with glasses and mesh face guard. Then, I loaded the truck and shattered the back window. I have to make some type of headache rack before I go back out.

20230319_131122.jpg20230319_131113.jpg20230320_185230.jpg

Ran 2 more tanks through this weekend. The clutch didn't slip like the first time. Guess it had to break in. Much happier with it, it's waking up. My idle is a little high after it runs a while, but perfect on starts. I haven't tweaked it since the initial test. Two small trees were wrapped together and I pinched the 4910. I was able to get the motor and bar out just leaving the chain stuck. I'll be darned if I didn't pinch the 400 cutting the other half. It was windy, some saw dust blew in my eye and put me in misery. That was with glasses and mesh face guard. Then, I loaded the truck and shattered the back window. I have to make some type of headache rack before I go back out.

View attachment 1068110View attachment 1068111View attachment 1068112
Sorry, that’s not a fun day of learning. Those are the lessons we remember though! Thanks for being humble enough to share.

View attachment 1068110View attachment 1068111View attachment 1068112

Did I hear that right.....the clutch is "slipping" under load?

IF that is the case adding more bar and chain will just make it WORSE. Wouldn't really matter because a slippping clutch woln't last very long anyhow.

I've had a few CS-490's in here and found them marginal for power with the 20" .325" bar/chain they came with. Even the 18" version isn't that great. I'd hope the CS-4910 has more power expecially of you plan on outfitting it with a 24" bar.......

IF that is the case adding more bar and chain will just make it WORSE. Wouldn't really matter because a slippping clutch woln't last very long anyhow.

I've had a few CS-490's in here and found them marginal for power with the 20" .325" bar/chain they came with. Even the 18" version isn't that great. I'd hope the CS-4910 has more power expecially of you plan on outfitting it with a 24" bar.......

The guys putting 24" bars on them have had them ported.

Say what? I have the 18" factory bar and semi chisel chain that came with the saw. I didn't want a 20 and have NO intention of putting anything longer on it. I have a 2166 for that. Yes, the clutch was slipping on the first tank. It's performing very well, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for 40 to 55cc saws.

Sorry, that’s not a fun day of learning. Those are the lessons we remember though! Thanks for being humble enough to share.
That is my 17th load out of this side trimming with this truck. I didn't think I had much cut, so I wasn't careful like usual stacking the first row. It didn't seem like I hit the glass very hard and it went in a thousand pieces. In the past I used my trailer but the drive is really steep and my trailer is low. State Farm and their preferred provider Safelite are being complete idiots. A local body shop quoted $575 for a factory replacement. They said it takes them 8 months to collect from State Farm, so they require payment when done. Safelite quoted $775 and gave a part number FB26593 YPY Replace with new - SOLAR~SLIDER~ENCAP. They were scheduled to come to my house and change it today. I looked up that number and the best I could find it is a manual slider. Mine is power! I stressed all of the details multiple times as I was on the phone 3 times with them. I didn't want to take vacation, wait for them to show up with the wrong parts. I called them back and explained it, they said yes that's the wrong part and it will take a week to get it. You have to bring it to a store because the seats have to come out and it's a 4-5 hour job. The new part number is FB28060 which I cannot find anywhere. Neither number is OEM Toyota. I bet the bill is double the local shop when it's done with aftermarket parts. I have some bad karma going on.

Yes, they goofed up again. That's the only part they are ordering now. I called and said I want to talk to someone at the store. I talked to the tech and he is trying to get it straightened out. They have to get permission from State Farm's 3rd party to used OEM parts. The latest work order shows FB27455 and FB28060 for $866. It shows OE dealer part only available part; NEEDS POWER SLIDER. Good grief.

Back